US Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.7

General Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submit the requested documents, including a supplemental questionnaire related to the specific job requirements. Turn around was very fast, and I was called to set up an in-person interview the next day or so.

The actual interview was with the GC and Deputy GC. Seemed to be looking for more public service focused candidates.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in April 2010.

Interview

Submitted application. Several months later received a phone call asking if I was still interested. Phone call acted as a initial interview based upon the flow of the conversation and topics presented. At the end of the conversation asked to attend a in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a panel of 3. Much of the interview was like presenting your bio. Personality was is a major factor. The following week received a phone call from HR asking if I would accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Several questions were scenario based. Also consisted of your typical strengths, weaknesses, and describe a incident and what would you do different.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview

I was recruited by the Secretary. First interview was with the White House Liaison, then I interviewed with one of the Secretary's Senior Advisors. After that I interviewed with two Assistant Secretaries and the Director of another office with an opening. The final interview was with the White House Liaison to determine which office would be the best fit.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question related to internal policy issues with which I was not acquainted.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was about which GS level I would start at. It was fair, and quick.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in June 2009.

Interview

Online application, followed by a panel interview.

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansted, VI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Christiansted, VI) in May 2010.

Interview

I truely did not feel ready for this interview, i was very much not prepard

Interview Questions

• How would you say you rate your skills at multi-tasking, or being pulled from one thing to another, on a regular basis?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Program An Interview

Interview

The interview process included basic behavioral questions and questions related to the job description. (There were a lot of questions that included the phase, "Tell me about a time when...")

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Bakersfield, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

There was two interviews with three panelists. The interview was welcoming. They asked a number of questions from my resume. I had just completed college. Be prepared to address questions regarding your commitment to help others from various socio-economic backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure that all of your clients were seen monthly?   1 Answer

Income Maintenane Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. Before going into the interview you have to answer an essay question. After speaking with other new hires all of our questions were slightly different, but more or less the same. Job description provided by supervisors are inadequate at best. If you are on Unemployment I suggest not looking applying for the position as you will be sadly disappointed. If you are close to your benefits running out then apply because you just may be hired with the extreme turnover rate that they don't tell you about, of course.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an interview where the person being interviewed completely breakdown?   1 Answer

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Rockville, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

I was pre-interviewed with the head hunter who found the job position. It was a contractor position. I met with the hiring agency first and discussed both my qualifications as well as the type of position I was interested in. They assisted me with successfully completing the interview process and reviewed my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What experience have I had in the past would best be beneficial to prepare for this position?   1 Answer

Chiropractic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Martinez, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pleasantly surprised, interview went very well. They actually asked good questions about my performance and why I wanted to joint their team. Was about an hour, then was asked to look around the facility's treatment center.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep moral up and what could I contribute to the company's long term goals.   Answer Question