US Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.7

Interview

Must go through individual and at times group interviews. Positive for people to have direct experience in case management and ability to think fast and make informed decisions. Interview questions focus on these traits.Many reference checks and in depth criminal history as well as drug testing.

Negotiation

very little ability for negotiation.

Public Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online through USAJobs in November. I was contacted for an interview via email in early January. Because I wasn't in the local commuting area, my interview was conducted by telephone with two division directors and one deputy director. One week after this interview, I was contacted again to setup a second interview with a team lead. Both interviews lasted about 45 minutes. One month later I was contacted by HR with a tentative offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions mostly with a mix of why HHS and current position questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate because the agency matched my current salary and offer a high full promotion potential.

Systems Analyst IV Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview

Small one hour interview with fixed set of questions from a sheet

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Student Extern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Lawton, OK).

Interview

No interview process was conducted. Internship occurred during the winter break between semesters. Informed of hiring via phone call after application was reviewed

Personal Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Santa Rosa, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The process was wonderful. A brief introduction, and then some screening procedures. I wish that the screening was more vigorous and that the standard was higher, but, it was fine.

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was an internship. We were doing our school project with them which got converted into the internship. so it was any particular interview. HHS was happy with our school work so they appointed ur as intern.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bad Axe, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Bad Axe, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

i did a interview with Julie booms and Laura which are managers at Department of health and human services it was good experience i got the job i like helping people

Interview Questions

• they ask me what experience i had if i willing to do volunteer work , if i have relabel transformation   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Monterey Park, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I got the the interview through their college campus recruitment through the career center's job board. I was a selected candidate for an entry-level staff auditor position. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes in the morning. They were looking for candidates with interpersonal skills, some audit experience, and technical writing skills. They had asked me to describe my past experience in those three areas. I had illustrated my interpersonal skills by telling them about my past experience of gathering business requirements from numerous stakeholders for projects. I had also elaborated on my auditing skills as I have completed an information technologies compliance audit. Finally, discussed the aptitude of my technical writing skills from my past experiences creating internal control procedures, documenting business processes, and variance reporting for senior management.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any past experience in auditing?   1 Answer
    • Do you possess technical writing skills?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to travel?   1 Answer

IT Liaison Interview

Interview

Submitted resume and filled application.
    For called for interview.
    Interview friendly no hard questions.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Dallas, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The application was lengthy. I received a follow-up call for an interview a month later. I went in for the interview in professional dress. They gave me an option to do my interview at either office location (a real plus in my book). The questions in the interview were pretty standard. What is your biggest weakness? What is your biggest strength? Tell me about yourself. Etc.

Interview Questions

• The only question that seemed not "textbook" was how would you react to having your audit report come back with a bunch of edit marks and suggestions? I believe my answer to this question landed me the offer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It's a government job. Everyone is treated the same.