US Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.7

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with my then soon-to-be supervisor and he asked me some questions regarding the position and right off the bat I knew I got the job. It was just him and I in a conference room and it was very easy and not intimidating at all.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the one of the directors of the particular office. Asked basic behavioral interview questions, but the interviewer talked for the majority of the time explaining the position and the organizational objectives.

Assistance Payments Worker Interview

Interview

Interview was very intense. It was panel style. They allow you to follow along with a list of questions you are provided with. The questions were behavior based. I received an email stating I passed the interview portion. They asked for a copy of my social security card and driver license. I have not heard anything back yet

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to prioritize things in order to get the job done   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in November 2014.

Interview

Very comparable to most other jobs. It is a process they use on a regular basis because of the high volume of turnover. It is somewhat effective, but has its flaws like most.

Interview Questions

• Name the most stressful encounter at your last job and how did you solve the issue?   1 Answer

Program An Interview

Interview

The interview process included basic behavioral questions and questions related to the job description. (There were a lot of questions that included the phase, "Tell me about a time when...")

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Bakersfield, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

There was two interviews with three panelists. The interview was welcoming. They asked a number of questions from my resume. I had just completed college. Be prepared to address questions regarding your commitment to help others from various socio-economic backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure that all of your clients were seen monthly?   1 Answer

Income Maintenane Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. Before going into the interview you have to answer an essay question. After speaking with other new hires all of our questions were slightly different, but more or less the same. Job description provided by supervisors are inadequate at best. If you are on Unemployment I suggest not looking applying for the position as you will be sadly disappointed. If you are close to your benefits running out then apply because you just may be hired with the extreme turnover rate that they don't tell you about, of course.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an interview where the person being interviewed completely breakdown?   1 Answer

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Rockville, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

I was pre-interviewed with the head hunter who found the job position. It was a contractor position. I met with the hiring agency first and discussed both my qualifications as well as the type of position I was interested in. They assisted me with successfully completing the interview process and reviewed my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What experience have I had in the past would best be beneficial to prepare for this position?   1 Answer

Chiropractic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Martinez, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pleasantly surprised, interview went very well. They actually asked good questions about my performance and why I wanted to joint their team. Was about an hour, then was asked to look around the facility's treatment center.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep moral up and what could I contribute to the company's long term goals.   Answer Question

Disability Claims Adjudicator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Stone Mountain, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly easy. They make you feel quite comfortable and ask the typical behavioral type questions. They basically want to know how well you get along with people, how you prioritize your work and how you deal with conflict. Now I know why they ask the conflict questions, it's not about the people you work. It's the people you work for.