US Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.7

Income Maintenane Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. Before going into the interview you have to answer an essay question. After speaking with other new hires all of our questions were slightly different, but more or less the same. Job description provided by supervisors are inadequate at best. If you are on Unemployment I suggest not looking applying for the position as you will be sadly disappointed. If you are close to your benefits running out then apply because you just may be hired with the extreme turnover rate that they don't tell you about, of course.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an interview where the person being interviewed completely breakdown?   1 Answer

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Rockville, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

I was pre-interviewed with the head hunter who found the job position. It was a contractor position. I met with the hiring agency first and discussed both my qualifications as well as the type of position I was interested in. They assisted me with successfully completing the interview process and reviewed my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What experience have I had in the past would best be beneficial to prepare for this position?   1 Answer

Chiropractic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Martinez, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pleasantly surprised, interview went very well. They actually asked good questions about my performance and why I wanted to joint their team. Was about an hour, then was asked to look around the facility's treatment center.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep moral up and what could I contribute to the company's long term goals.   Answer Question

Disability Claims Adjudicator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Stone Mountain, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly easy. They make you feel quite comfortable and ask the typical behavioral type questions. They basically want to know how well you get along with people, how you prioritize your work and how you deal with conflict. Now I know why they ask the conflict questions, it's not about the people you work. It's the people you work for.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bad Axe, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Bad Axe, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

i did a interview with Julie booms and Laura which are managers at Department of health and human services it was good experience i got the job i like helping people

Interview Questions

• they ask me what experience i had if i willing to do volunteer work , if i have relabel transformation   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

In order to get the job, I had to participate in 2 phone screens, an in-person interview, and a background check. The questions were reasonable but difficult. I spoke to the individuals that would become my direct supervisors. The timeline was a few months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Department of HHS, and especially in this regional department?   Answer Question

General Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submit the requested documents, including a supplemental questionnaire related to the specific job requirements. Turn around was very fast, and I was called to set up an in-person interview the next day or so.

The actual interview was with the GC and Deputy GC. Seemed to be looking for more public service focused candidates.

Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Jackson, MS) in October 2015.

Interview

the interview itself took about 2weeks. after interview a drug test and background check was conducted. then paper work was sign and the second week was when I started work.

Interview Questions

• how would I handle dealing with a social group of indiviuals that are in need of people   Answer Question

Negotiation

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Lufkin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Crazy to extensive. In general every employer knows who they will hire. Why go further if the position will not be landed. People and bills will not wait until they decide or until aftwr the person doesnt fullfil their needs.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in the position   1 Answer

Public Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online through USAJobs in November. I was contacted for an interview via email in early January. Because I wasn't in the local commuting area, my interview was conducted by telephone with two division directors and one deputy director. One week after this interview, I was contacted again to setup a second interview with a team lead. Both interviews lasted about 45 minutes. One month later I was contacted by HR with a tentative offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions mostly with a mix of why HHS and current position questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate because the agency matched my current salary and offer a high full promotion potential.