US Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.7

Public Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview panel consisted of the division director, the team lead, and two other members of our division. Questions consisted of past work experience and whether the duties aligned with my abilities. They asked for a writing sample to be submitted after the interview. After they contacted my references, an offer was made by HR approximately 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Federal employees can negotiate, and I was able to increase the step at which I was hired. However, it delayed my start date by 4 months.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Rockville, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online on USAjobs.gov back in August 2014. Got referred to hiring manager in October 2014 and received an interview in November 2014. First interview (phone) was panel of three people with one question. Second round consisted of three panel in-person.

Human Service Manager Interview

Interview

Must go through individual and at times group interviews. Positive for people to have direct experience in case management and ability to think fast and make informed decisions. Interview questions focus on these traits.Many reference checks and in depth criminal history as well as drug testing.

Negotiation

very little ability for negotiation.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bad Axe, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Bad Axe, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

i did a interview with Julie booms and Laura which are managers at Department of health and human services it was good experience i got the job i like helping people

Interview Questions

• they ask me what experience i had if i willing to do volunteer work , if i have relabel transformation   Answer Question

Disability Claims Adjudicator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Stone Mountain, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly easy. They make you feel quite comfortable and ask the typical behavioral type questions. They basically want to know how well you get along with people, how you prioritize your work and how you deal with conflict. Now I know why they ask the conflict questions, it's not about the people you work. It's the people you work for.

Public Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HHS several times over the past few years and the process, experience was completely different each time. It really depends on the agency within HHS as they sometimes do things differently. Most started with a phone interview followed by a second (in one case 3rd) interview...after your resume finally makes it through USAJOBS. However, last job interview was with just two ppl-no phone interview first or 2nd interview-and got job offer about a month afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Questions pretty standard, interviewer pretty pleasant   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a very friendly interview overall. They smiled all the time and you can tell that they are paying attention to you when you are talking. All the questions are just typical behavioral questions. They want to know why you want to work at their department so make sure you come up with a good reason why you want to work there. You will be doing a short phone interview then one round of on-site interview and that is it.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Carson City, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

Had to apply online through the State website. Had to take an exam to qualify which I was contacted to take about two weeks after submitting my application. Two weeks later after passing the exam and becoming eligible I was contacted for an interview. Interview was fairly easy. Asked a series of 5 questions. Two of the questions were behavioral questions. For example, "If you and another employee weren't getting along, how would you resolve the issue?"

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to this position?   1 Answer

Student Extern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Lawton, OK).

Interview

No interview process was conducted. Internship occurred during the winter break between semesters. Informed of hiring via phone call after application was reviewed

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position via USA Jobs in March 2013. I was contacted by a manager via e-mail at the end of October 2013, requesting an updated copy of my resume and my availability for a phone interview. A few days later I had a phone interview with a manager, I later received a phone call from another manager stating that I was referred to him for a potential job opportunity within his division. I had a phone interview with him the very next day and was offered an in-person interview which took place early November 2013. The in-person interview consisted of 3 interviews with the manager and two of his staff members. Each interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. The manager stated that he was going to consult with his team and contact me with a decision by the end of the week (November 2013). I had not heard anything about the job so I followed up with the manager and was told that there was hang up in HR and that he would get back to me regarding next steps. I received a few e-mails requesting updated documents. I received my tentative job offer March 31, 2014. The process took one year from application to receiving the offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were based mostly on my experience so there were not any difficult questions. I did answer a few behavioral questions like "What would you do if you received an assignment from two different people, how would you prioritize it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

See What US Department of Health and Human Services Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Practice Model Coach in Atlanta, GA

Pros: “Flexibility and the ability to make your own hours”“Flexibility and the ability to make your own hours” – Full Review