US Department of Homeland Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Homeland Security Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security.

Interview

It was an interesting experience as it was my first internship. The outcome was a good one and there weren't any surprises. I didn't stay too long for the internship since it was only a semester long.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Very long process and waiting while you were in the waiting pool to get chosen for a position and a station to get employment to serve your country to the best of your abilities

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security.

Interview

The first part of the process was applying and receiving a referral to the position. Once a referral was received, someone from the department called to schedule a phone interview. I had to send them a writing sample prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you created a partnership?   1 Answer

Tso Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security (Albany, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was offered the interview within 5 days of taking the computer based test. They offered me 3 dates but I could only make 1. Unfortunately they didn't confirm the interview with me until a day and half before.(around 7pm monday and my interview was Wednesday at 12) The process was easy, they say don't bring your phone but you should because they'll just put it in a bag. The interview was typical like that of an everyday job, asked about challenges etc nothing you can't answer on the spot. Especially since you have no idea what the questions are and Legally I can't tell you.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

DHS was conducting on the spot interviews at a Job fair. I wrote my name on the roster with an HR person doing initial screening of resumes. They then called me and I had a 1on 1 interview to describe in detail the job opportunity,

Interview Questions

• Experience in the field of Security   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security in January 2017.

Interview

I am retired us army and I feel that I would offer working as a border patrol I am very much qualify to work in this area. I did numerous jobs in the military and complete all my tasks by the laws.

Interview Questions

• We talk about the various job I did in the military up to the part were it was top secret.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would advise other people to join the border patrol.

Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Referred through a current employee. The interview process was okay and there were structured questions asked. It was a panel interview and there were specific questions related to the position and your qualifications.

TSA OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

You answerer questions asked about what would you do in certain situations there is also a color blindness test along with a computer type test which test your grammar as well as x ray skills

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to use your personal skills to end a situation between you and coworker   1 Answer

Special Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

You will have to prepare to take a test. You will also be interviewed where you will be asked a multitude of law enforcement, investigative questions. You will also be asked basic situational awareness and common sense questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do upon finding a possible subject on the sidewalk.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security (Palm Bay, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process consist of 5 questions There are three persons giving the questions. All the question are based on giving examples like Give the situation what did you do and the outcome

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you saw a Co worker doing something wrong.   Answer Question