US Department of Justice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Justice Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.7

AUSA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Department of Justice.

Interview

I had an initial telephonic/ videoconference interview with panel, followed by in person interview with different panel . The latter interview lasted over an hour, and was primarily --
     though not exclusively -- aimed at fit with the office. The hiring process was lengthy.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Department of Justice.

Interview

most are hired through the Honors Program that is fair but rigorous process. some laterals are hired and that was my story. I was hired first on a detail from another federal agency and then hired permanently. that is still common.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of comfort with travel (all DC attorneys travel A LOT)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC).

Interview

Fairly standard interview. Met with two attorneys who asked about my previous work experience, why I wanted to work there, interest in the division itself, what skills I could specifically contribute, and my future long-term and short-term goals.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume and tell us about your previous work experience that relates specifically to the work we do here.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Justice in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first a 30 min. phone interview with 10Qs (competency, behavioral, and some opinion) and time at the end for me to ask my own questions. The second was a ~5min Skype call with a few random questions to check personality/presentability. Employer was very transparent and provided a clear timeline and offer was made within a week.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Justice.

Interview

The initial application included a cover letter, resume, transcript, and writing sample. After a couple of weeks, I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was a mix of an informational interview and skills based interview. The first part of the interview included a discussion about the work the office did, and the second part of the interview was a test of my language skills because the position involved bilingual work. The questions in the second part of the interview focused on my resume, particularly my study abroad experience given its relevance to the position. Overall the interview was about as difficult as expected.

Interview Questions

• In the first part of the interview, they asked what I knew about the office, which was extremely important.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process lasted 45 minutes total and the questions were based on the organizations needs i.e. recruitment, technical knowledge, interpersonal skills. As well as skills, abilities, knowledge and competencies.

Interview Questions

• Classification of position descriptions; in particular desk audits.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Justice.

Interview

Formalistic, long - met with Senior Attorney in Washington, DC - but I enjoyed the process, because I got to ask questions too and I felt the interview was fair.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Fort Smith, AR) in April 2016.

Interview

I was called and invited for an interview.First I had a Panel Interview, then the same day I was called and invited to another interview two days later with the US Attorney. About a week and a half later I received another phone call and was invited for a 3rd Interview with the Chief of Human Resources in DC, via video conference.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with employee relations?   Answer Question

Secreatary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Justice.

Interview

Initial communication was within 3 weeks of applying. Made appointment to come in for an interview later in the week. All interviewers were pleasant and seemed interested in all I had to say and my past affiliation with the armed services.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several general interview questions:
      1. How the duties on my resume could be benefit the DOJ
      2. Would I have a problem with the details and conversations that go go on in their office environment
      3. Had I purchased a home in the city that I now live in, I'm guessing because I moved a lot with my husbands job
      Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on usajobs.gov back in September 2015. Interview was scheduled in March 2016. Panel interview was scheduled with four people, including direct supervisor. The interview took about an hour. Very relaxing and straight to the point. The panel said they would make a decision for two vacancies within the week. They check my references and sent tentative offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you handle conflict.

How do you prioritize your projects?

What HR systems have you utilized in the past?
      1 Answer