US Department of Justice Assistant State Attorney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Justice Assistant State Attorney Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant United States Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I met with the top brass of the Criminal Division, in the General Crimes Unit. They were affable, engaged and charming. The very top level attorney made time to speak and meet with me and I got a sense that people loved working there. That impression did not match the reality of working there.

Interview Questions

Assistant United States Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Initially, I found work in the office in contract position. I worked for the office for a year before this permanent position opened. Once the permanent position opened, based upon my good work record, I was encouraged to apply. After I applied, I was then interviewed by the U.S. Attorney and her Deputy. Based on the interview and internal recommendations from my supervisors and others with whom I had worked, I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to take a pay cut?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My start time was negotiable.