US Department of Justice Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.5

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC).

Interview

Fairly standard interview. Met with two attorneys who asked about my previous work experience, why I wanted to work there, interest in the division itself, what skills I could specifically contribute, and my future long-term and short-term goals.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume and tell us about your previous work experience that relates specifically to the work we do here.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

They were incredibly accommodating. At the time, I was far from the D.C. area and unable to appear for a physical interview. They offered to do a phone interview instead. They called a bit earlier than scheduled, so be prepared a few minutes beforehand if this is your case. The conversation was easy-going, no curveballs. They e-mailed me right after to inform me of how long I would have to wait to hear back from them about the position. Took about 3 weeks before I heard back with a job-offer. Very well-organized and patient.

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on usajobs.gov back in September 2015. Interview was scheduled in March 2016. Panel interview was scheduled with four people, including direct supervisor. The interview took about an hour. Very relaxing and straight to the point. The panel said they would make a decision for two vacancies within the week. They check my references and sent tentative offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you handle conflict.

How do you prioritize your projects?

What HR systems have you utilized in the past?   1 Answer

Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position and was deemed most qualified. Several candidates were interviewed, including myself. I felt prepared for the interview and got feedback that it went very well. I met the qualifications for the position but heard the position was promised to the friend of the hiring official.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? Competing priorities? Describe a process improvement project you managed?   Answer Question

Paralegal At Antitrust Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty short and casual; they pretty much asked things that were on my resume and a few behavioral questions like how well do you work on a team, etc. Didn't end up taking the job because it seemed a little too administrative for my taste

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you ran into issues working in a team   Answer Question

Paralegal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC).

Interview

I received a screening call at first. A day later, I was called to schedule an interview, which I scheduled for later in the week. It was a panel interview.

Honors Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

One-hour panel interview with four attorneys. They asked about my work experience, my motivations and interest in the job, and some behavioral questions about particular examples of how I have dealt with particular things. They mostly read from a list of questions, but there were some off-script follow-up questions as well. Nothing exceedingly unexpected.

Interview Questions

• If you were not a lawyer, what career would you be doing?
      What's your favorite job that is not listed on your resume?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Upper Marlboro, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

three women who were attorney's initiated the interview. All gave a brief description of themselves, and what it would be like interning there, looked over my resume', then started to ask questions about me.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths, weaknesses, why do you want to intern here?   Answer Question

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied in May 2015, received first interview request in mid-June, second interview request late June. Rather quick for a government agency. Asked many focused questions regarding skill sets and abilities. Encouraged questions and conversation, both casual and professional in nature. Two person panel for both interviews. Extremely tight security in interview building, so come prepared.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a conflict with another team member in your division?   Answer Question

Multi-phased Interview By Diverse Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Department of Justice (Washington, DC).

Interview

Well organized structured phased interviews by both management and non-management including plenty of legal and technical scenario questions. Assessment of enforcing the law while protecting the privacy of the public. Phase one interview had perhaps 3-5 non-management staff, phase two seemed to have 5 management people, phase three had as many as 20+ people, and last interview was with main justice front office leader. Could possibly stop at section chief level but clearly what they Re doing has worked well to assemble the most highly group of qualified people in the government

Interview Questions

• In a legal situation, how would you balance the needs of the government with the minimal invasion of the privacy of the public   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard federal government - not a lot of negotiations available. The section chief and work invironment sells anyone wanting to work for the government on the job. I know several in the section that could make a lot more money but are proud of the work, the support of the management, work/family life, etc.