US Department of Labor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

TAPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Department of Labor (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Training on what to expect as a civilian and how to transfer from military to civilian. Learned how to network and prepare for interviews from resume building to how to conduct one's self during the interview.

Wage and Hour Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Labor (Arlington, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in USJobs.com, the process was easy. I was asked to submit my resume, DD 214, cover letter, prior federal service verification, and VA letter. I was updated on the process through the USJobs website. I was called for an interview a week later . Very informal and the interview was not intimidating. I was Introduced to the local staff and everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was not negotiable but it was reasonable for my area so there was no reason to negotiate.

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Labor (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

very strait forward with questions about your past jobs and how you would handle certain situations. there wasn't much that a normal person who has gone on many different interviews wouldn't expect to hear. I think it was actually one of my most fun interviews that i've been able to attend

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Scheduling Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Department of Labor (Long Beach, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

They called me about a week after I applied online. Asked me to fill out the standard personal information forms. They asked about prior experiences you've had in your career. I was interviewed by two people in a conference room and they recorded everything I said on paper. They were very friendly though so I wasn't nervous.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle asking an employee to do a task that they don't want to do?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Labor (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with three members of the Office I was applying into. The interviewers were representing two separate divisions. Pretty basic behavioral interview. They asked about my technical skills towards the latter half of the interview. I applied through a recruiter rather than through a formal application so they were not fully clear during the call about what my role would be exactly. Essentially offered me the internship at the end of the call.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Labor (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through USA Jobs. Received an invitation for a Phone interview and completed one with two compliance office. Asked a lot of question to why I wanted to work for the Government and the Dept of Labor.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Career goals
      What I knew about the office and the DOL itself   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Labor.

Interview

There was a two-round interview process. The first round consisted of a two-person panel. The questions were generally based on examples of past experience, not hypothetical scenarios. The second round interview included another two-person panel, with the selecting official. This one focused on specific achievements related to efficiency and/or effectiveness. There was a couple weeks between the two rounds. Final notification of selection took several weeks.

Interview Questions

• If asked, what would your current supervisor say about you?   Answer Question

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at US Department of Labor (Trenton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview ran very price and related to the accounting expectation. High ethics, respect all culture and race were beyond expectation. Knowing that you work for institute where education, high performance ,and dedication to job well mean a lot for me. I'm so delighted to work for talented group that want to help people achieve their goal in their life. I can simply sayTOGETHER WE CAN ACHIEVE MORE.

Interview Questions

• When can I expect a feedback referring to my performance?   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Labor (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Very, very delayed (5 months in total). Only one teleconference interview. The HR department is confused, confusing, and unhelpful. I had concerns regarding health insurance that never got answered, so in order to take the job, I actually went without insurance for 3 weeks. This was very concerning as an employee with a disability, especially because I was hired under Schedule A authority. I would avoid DOL at all costs, unless you have no other employment options.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Labor in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview. I could not come in person so this was the only interview that was needed. It only lasted about half an hour and I got a call the next week saying I got the job. The process after that was inefficient though. After getting an offer, I got another call from DOL asking if I wanted to interview for a position. I told them I had already accepted an offer from them, so I am not sure how well the in house communication is.

Interview Questions

• How did you work as a team when not everyone got along?   Answer Question