US Department of State Diplomatic Security Special Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of State Diplomatic Security Special Agent Interview Questions

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Diplomatic Security Special Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of State (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was fair and detailed. Two person panel asked about my personal and work experience. There were detailed questions about my experience in college. The interviewers did not emphasize working professionals. They were more concerned with college experience (participated in sports, classes, etc)

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of State

Diplomatic Security Special Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of State in December 2008.

Interview

If you pass the online screening, you will receive a phone call from DSS to set up your interview and provide instructions for materials (paperwork) that you must bring. My interview was held at the Bureau of Diplomatic Security headquarters in Arlington, VA. There are four stages of the interview, beginning with two written test to examine your overall knowledge of the State Department and assess your writing capabilities. If you progress beyond this stage, you will be undergo an structured interview with two DSS SA's consisting of a series of questions that examine your analytical thinking ability. If you progress beyond this portion, you move on to the final stage which is a panel interview with with a veteran/retired Special Agent and a Foreign Service QEP representative. The final stage, as with the rest of the process, is very structured. Do not expect warmth or smiles or any show of emotion from your interviewers.

Interview Questions