US Department of State Undergraduate/Graduate Internships Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of State Undergraduate/Graduate Internships Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Undergraduate/Graduate Internships Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of State (Washington, DC) in December 2010.

Interview

Internship interviews are very generic. More informational in nature. I've had two internship experiences and both calls are impromptu, with individuals from your potential office briefly discussing the basic functions of their particular office and asking questions pertaining to your functional understanding of the work.

Interview Questions

• One of my internships was in the Arms Control Bureau - my interviewer asked me a specific question pertaining an on-going treaty negotiation and if I had an idea of which particular country on the delegation was stalling negotiation efforts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be familiar with the bureaus/consulates that you've selected in your internship application! Both calls for me were unscheduled, so I had no time to prep for the specific office that I spoke with. Having a general understanding of the bureau is typically plenty to get you by.