US Department of State Passport Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of State Passport Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of State (New York, NY).

Interview

I did my interview over the phone. I actually turned it down several times in different location before I eventually accepted it. It was the same generic questions. I had to travel and turn in my application by hand at the agency that eventually hired me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with others to solve a problem...or something like that...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of State

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of State (Portsmouth, NH) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied at a hiring fair and was contacted for an interview the same week via phone. Following the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a panel interview the next week. The questions were mostly all hypothetical. They called on a lot of my experience from my resume and wanted at least one real-life example for each question asked.

Passport Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Department of State.

Interview

6+ months, no interview. Contingent offer based on passing security clearance. Started within a month of security clearance.

Some colleagues that were interviewed had to go through two rounds with an interview panel.

Negotiation

No negotiation, federal. Except you can negotiate the starting grade. I didn't have to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of State (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

In person interview as first step

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with doing a redundant mind numbing task for hours at a time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of State (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted application via usajobs.com. Was contacted by email a month later to set up a phone interview. The first interview was pretty standard. They wanted to see if I had the skills to adjudicate, make decisions and to be meticulous. A few weeks later I had a second interview that was more of the same. I was offered the job a week later. Once this was done I was sent a hireling package. This position requires a high risk public trust screening, this is similar to a security clearance. They went ten years back on law and conducted a credit check. The most important thing to this check is being completely honest. This number one thing that will cause you problems and takes the longest time. It took four months from accepting the position to getting to my start date.

Interview Questions

• I really can't remember. I do remember that they were not impressed with prior leadership positions since this is an entry level position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. This is a GS position and you fall under that scale