US Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Transportation Interview Questions

2.5

Program Analyst Interview

Interview

Hiring process is usually through the US government computer jobsite. It's a fairly lengthy application process... but be as specific as you can regarding experience. Interviews vary from department to department usually with an office manager and one of his assistants. The people are friendly and there are no "trick" questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions are general "interview" questions such as...What are your strengths/weaknesses, Once you're interviewed the decision to hire is usually in about a month or less.   Answer Question

Interviewee Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview after applying through a family friend. I was asked about my resume and then availability and my plans for the future. I had another phone interview a month later with them in which I accepted the position and enjoyed my experience

Engineer Technician Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Transportation (Fairbanks, AK) in May 2011.

Interview

Very short, not difficult

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, not sure if that was an option.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Transportation (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

interview and several tests. pretty basic questions. Not really allowed to disclose anymore than that. This is a really good job if you are in school or have another job.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Transportation (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very informal phone interview process that included chatting over the phone about my technical skills as well as how I found out about the internship and why I wanted to pursue this internship even though my major didn't match the job description.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Transportation (Washington, DC) in May 2009.

Interview

USA Jobs application, phone interview, flown to DC for interview, o
    Fifer made by phone and mail in aweek

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated maximum signing bonus but starting salary grade and level was in negotiable

Pathways Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Transportation in March 2015.

Interview

After being contacted for an phone interview, a date and time were set. They called promptly when they said they would. I was put on a conference call with three current employees. Several questions were asked and then the organization and its goals were explained to me. All three interviews were extremely welcoming and seemed very excited to speak with me. The atmosphere was fairly laid back and fun. It was an enjoyable and informative interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked on a team and someone was not performing to the expected level. What steps did you take to remedy the situation? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Transportation.

Interview

I applied for the position in December and was called for an interview late January. The first interview took place in early February and was pretty easy. It was a panel style interview that consisted of mainly behavioral questions and a walk through my resume. The interviewers did a great job explaining the agency and the position. Two days after the first interview I was called for a follow up interview with the Director of the division I would be working in, this was fairly short (about 10mins) I think she just wanted to see my personality and assess whether or not I would be a good fit. About 3 weeks later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral/situational questions like, "Tell me about a time when you had to work on projects with multiple deadlines"   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Transportation (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy, personable and really wanted to make sure it was a good fit. Male top heavy but it seems like there is room for growth. The panel interview was pretty high tech, with one guy actually Facetiming out of Seattle Washington. They asked questions about contributions to the agency I currently work for.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Transportation (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was very long. I interviewed two different times. It was a panel interview and then a one-on-one. Asked all about the budget process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.