US Department of Treasury Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Treasury Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.7

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

It is lengthy. I can take anywhere from 3 to 9 months to get onboard. Starts with a phone screening, then you come in for a panel interview, then you do a one on one and then you are notified on your selection.

Interview Questions

• You are given scenarios on how to handle different situations   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

An informal telephone interview was held prior to a board interview. The hiring manager made direct contact and updated each phase of the process. The process was formal and lengthy. The questions were not complicated and consisted of a lot of scenario based ones.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 60 days? If you caught someone stealing what would you do?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury (Washington, DC).

Interview

I interviewed about 1 month after it closed on USAJOBS. Two panel interviews. The first interview was with my immediate supervisor and the other first line supervisors. The 2nd interview was with more senior members. They asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a customer that wanted something but did not have the funding for it?   1 Answer

Senior Policy Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

USA jobs is a challenge but if you can get through certification the hiring manager has full authority. Matching your resume to the USA Jobs post is a good strategy to make it through certification and for policy roles, having a relationship with the hiring office can be helpful. Overall Treasury has the same challenges as other federal jobs when filling career positions. Departmental Offices at Treasury generally has more authority to offer term positions (4 years) but career remains a challenge.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience. question vary based on hiring manager which will change with the election   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was asked standard interview questions about past work experience and my goals for the internship. Nothing too difficult or something I hadn't prepared for. I had a follow-up interview with the women who ended up being my supervisor. She asked similar questions, and again it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I heard back a few days later that I had got the internship and could begin the approval process. With any government internship there is quite a bit of paperwork and that was definitely the most difficult part since you have to get fingerprinted, etc.

Interview Questions

• How my past work experience would help me in this role   Answer Question

Fall 2016 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on USA Jobs and heard back from multiple offices asking for a phone interview. I interviewed with the person who emailed me. They each took time to explain more about what their office does and what an intern would be doing on the day to day, etc. Basic behavioral questions

Accepted another offer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

There were no interview questions for this position. The process of gaining employment with this organization was a background check and fingerprinting. I applied online and notifications were through emails.

Spring Interview

Interview

Very formal interview. Interviewer continually used either neutral or slightly degrading tone throughout the phone interview. Entire process took upwards of an hour with an emphasis on behavioral questions. Interviewer was nice but very forward about chances of getting said internship.

IT Specialist (2210) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It took 6 months, after submitting application. If selected as highly qualified, you have to submit a program that you produced in C. Stage 1 - apply for the job by submitting your app in person. Stage 2 - Phone interview with team leader. Stage 3- phone interview with project manager. Stage 4 - Phone interview with manager, Stage 5 - Interview with all parties and presentation of working computer program that the candidate writes

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for the job   1 Answer

SummerEast Asian Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application through USAJobs and was contacted for a phone interview the same day. My interview was scheduled for the end of the week. I never heard back after the interview was done.

Interview Questions

• What is one policy issue that you have had experience with   Answer Question