US Department of Treasury Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Treasury Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying I received an email requesting a time I was available to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I received an email detailing that I had received the internship.

Interview Questions

• What was a time during a school project that you had a problem with your group members? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Public Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the USA Jobs site. The process took 2 months. It was a fairly straightforward and easy interview with no curveball questions. After the interview, I emailed asking for a response and got the offer a few days after.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

I submitted an application on USA jobs and within two weeks I received an email from a specific department head. They were interested in scheduling an interview for later that week. Flexible on if it was over the phone or in person based on my schedule. The interview itself was with two people, pretty laid back lasted 20 minutes. Asked three questions then talked to me about the internship work and details.

Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

Panel of three co-workers, standard behavior base questions. Very relaxed setting. Lasted about an hour. Very accommodating and enjoyable interview process. Standard government fare interview. Entire process took about 8 months from application of hire date.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through USAjobs in July for the Fall 2015 internship season. Resume was sent out to different offices. Received interviews from 4 offices. Got offers from 2 offices. Still Deciding.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Walk me through your resume...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all as its an unpaid internship. Although they offer a transportation stupid for unpaid internships.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through USAjobs.gov in July 2014 and then received an email for a phone interview, which took place in the first week of August. It was around 30 minutes and very lax and casual. I was told I would receive an email with an offer package by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What skill set do you have that would be good for this job?   Answer Question

HPO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people at the same time. They were all very nice but seemed cliquey - like I was trying to join a high school club. Since there were 4 people, there were a ton of questions. It was a bit overwhelming and nerve-racking.

Interview Questions

• Name the things you like the most and the least about your current employer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

Online assessment
    Telephone assessment
    Three person panel approx. 15 minutes
    Interviews are usually done in groups for csr positions.
    First you fill out a bunch of paperwork. Even if you don't get a job offer

Strategic Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview was great, no trick questions although they did have me do a short exercise. The second interview was with the head of the organization and the best way to describe it was weird. I think perhaps she was attempting to trip me up by asking off the wall questions that had no relation to the job.

Interview Questions

• In the middle of answering one of her more relevant questions she asked what newspapers I read and why? Another question she interrupted me to ask if how my old job would feel about me leaving.   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

nice people, very friendly, just be yourself and study up why you want to be in the department. It really depends on what division you want to get into work in