US Department of Veterans Affairs Advanced Medical Support Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Advanced Medical Support Assistant

Create your profile to get personalized information

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.2

Advance Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring process very long and usually consist of a panel interviewing you. All of the questions that get asked are scenario questions. Very rarely you will be asked the typical " tell me about yourself" question. It's a federal position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you went above and beyond the call of duty   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. GS pay scale.

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Advance Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (South Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview involved 3 supervisors, who were Administrative Officers, asking a series of behavioral questions. there was about 10-15 questions that were asked and the overall interview lasted approximately 40-45 minutes. If you are familiar with common behavioral type questions then you will do fine with the interview. Note, this job requires good time management, stress management, and multi-tasking skills as well as attention to detail. At the end, I asked questions about where the position will mainly be situated, how my interview was overall, and how the working environment was.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Livermore, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quickly set up and brief in nature. I received a phone call from a HR rep on Friday who invited me for a phone interview. The interview was set up the following Monday, and the interviewer called me sharply on the time of our appointment. The interview questions were easy and was based mostly on behavior. If your prepare prior to the interview you will do just fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, define teamwork, tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or co-worker   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

phone call and 3 email questions, once I was done they hired me before meeting me in person. Went back and forth on a start date for about a month after that.

Interview Questions

• how do you deescalate and irate customer   1 Answer

Advanced Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in April 2015.

Interview

I was called in and interviewed with a panel of 4 managers in different departments. They asked a few questions and it took about 30 minutes. At the end they made it clear they liked me and wanted me to be in one of the positions so they asked me what department I would say yes to. I told them and was told I would receive a call. That is when it took 4-5 months to process because HR was ridiculously slow. Do NOT quit your job until you have set your start date with the HR because it literally takes that long for every position. The VA's HR is absolutely terrible.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Board of approximately 5 personnel asking questions about how you would interact with patients in certain situations. Also asks you describe yourself. Describe your weaknesses and strengths. Basic interview. Explain when you went above and beyond. Explain when you had a stressful or tough situation and how you handled it.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Dublin, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in June 2016 and was called for my interview in October 2016. Was called for interview on a Wednesday, interviewed face to face on Thursday, and received word that I had been chosen for the position on Friday. It took approximately a month to complete background check, KSA assessment, physical screening, etc. before I received the official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly situation based.
      Q: How did you go above and beyond in the workplace?
      Q: How do you work under stress?
      Q: How well do you multitask?
      Q: Tell about a time when you disagreed with a supervisor or manager and how did you handle it.
      Q: Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Apathetic. They already knew that they were going to hire me. The overall process took place in a cramped room with one person calling in to interview. The interviewers seemed like they were trying to focus but it was obvious their minds were elsewhere, likely on the work that wasn't getting done on account of having to interview a bunch of people throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think that I will succeed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. It is a government position with predetermined salary.

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Amarillo, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

contacted by phone to set interview date and time. there was a panel of six and ten total questions asked. was contacted about two weeks later asking if i was interested and if I could go to nearest VA location for physcial, back ground and finger printing

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an important goal which you set in the past. What did you do to reach it? How did you measure your success in reaching that goal? How did you maintain that success?   1 Answer

Advanced Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was on the phone with a panel of 4 individuals taking turns asking questions. I applied online, about a month later I was contacted for a phone interview. The next day I got a tentative offer.

Interview Questions

• Specifically name a time where your involvement changed something at your work place.   Answer Question
    • Name a specific time when you had to go along with something that you didnt agree with? Why didn't you agree? Wjat did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

US Department of Veterans Affairs Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Sounds about right. Many hiring managers use Performance Based Interview questions. Offering a fair method of asking each candidate the same set of questions. Questions are typically chosen by the... More