US Department of Veterans Affairs Health Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Health Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Process can be long 2-6 months is typical. After applying for the position I was called in for an interview about 6 weeks after the posting closed. A few weeks after interview I went in for fingerprinting and background questionaires, then there was a very long wait until I heard anything from anyone. Eventually HR reached out to me but HR is a huge problem do not hesitate to stay on top of them. It would be a good idea to stay in contact with you specific department once you are hired many times they will have more luck dealing with HR than you will and they want you to start just as bad as you do.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Columbia, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

Questions were not hard but obviously scoring was very competitive. Asked a total of four questions. After interview was shown around emergency department. Waited two weeks to find out didn't get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time when you made your job more efficient and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview is about twenty minutes long. Interview with two people. They were each looking to hire with in their departments, so they did a combined interview process. They each take turns asking open ended questions. Interview took place in managers small office.

Interview Questions

• What is your best quality? What is your worst quality? Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. Either you accept the offer or you don't.

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Bangor, ME) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with a RN that was filling in for manager and asked basic questions about my work history and my skill set which was comfortable and easy then assured me of the position and what was to expect next

Interview Questions

• How long I worked in healthcare   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Long process- applied in December and wasn't officially offered the position until March. Had a phone interview immediately after submitting my application, then came in for an in person interview a few weeks later. Following that I waited for over two months before hearing from the HR department about receiving and accepting an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenging work situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question