US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.3

Mortgage Loan Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online at usa jobs.com then after a few weeks you gey an email stating a phone interested time and date. The phone Interview is a panel of 3 people asking a total of 0 questions and dicussing your responses after every question while you hold. You recoeve the decision after 4 to 6 weeks by email

Interview Questions

• What you ever lead a project from atart to finish? An what where the positive oitcomes from it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Once I applied to the position, I was contacted by phone and asked to confirm the details on my resume. They asked about projects I've worked on. They didn't really ask about CS theory or Software Methodology.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous projects and if you are able to accomplish the project they are looking to have completed.   1 Answer

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple and easy. There were three queastion pertaining to past experiene. They also asked about how easy it to work with coworkers. Also how do I feel about working on weekends.

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

This is a PBI(performance based interview) they have sample questions on the website. I got a call to schedule the interview. It was a panel of three nurse managers at different locations. They each took a turn asking questions.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process can be rigorous. Panel interviews are the norm. Phone call from HR to come in for interviews. There are different phases of being hired. Physical, bloodwork, fingerprints and credentialing takes a full 30 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It takes 3-4 months to get your start date.

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a telephone interview which was very brief. All of the questions were related to the individual's personality type and the experience in working with veterans and/or veteran organizations. Some of the questions were regarding your knowledge of veteran benefits for example, educational, compensation versus pension, burial, etc. Also, I was asked why I wanted to work with the VA.