US Department of Veterans Affairs Human Resources Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a call approximately one month later for a telephone interview. Was called two days later to schedule a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when someone had to come to you for your expertise   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Orlando, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

Performance Based Interviewing (PBI) is a selection process that uses interviewing techniques to ask job applicants questions about the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics (KSAOs) they have that are important in order for them to do a good job. Studies show that the way people behave in the past is probably the way they will behave in the future. PBI questions ask job applicants to tell about what they did (their behavior) in the past. When deciding who is the best applicant, the interviewer will look at the degree to which each applicant possesses the important knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics necessary for successful job performance.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your past position has equipped you for the current position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview. 10 questions. They wanted to know about the experience and whether I had any. They wanted to know why I chose government employment they wanted to know what my academic background was and if I would like to work in the federal government. They wanted to know if I was happy doing the type of work they chose.

Interview Questions

• Are you committed to the mission   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview was a joke

Interview Questions

• Questions were formulaic and rote. It was clear, even that early in the game, that there was very little employee /labor relations experience in the room full of interviewers. The woman that became my supervisor after I was hired, had clearly been in the right place at the right time, with little to no competition, when she applied
      for and landed her supervisor position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little to no negotiation in the federal government