US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Voluntary Services Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in January 2019.

Interview

I went in and met with the supervisor and discussed the position that was open. It was laid back and we talked about the goals of the organization plus my career goals. I am a veteran so they were able to directly hire me so that was very convenient

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

emailed me beforehand asking me to pick a time slot for an interview. 15-20 minute interview, online via facetime. with 2 interviewers. Asked me why I am choosing the VA and why I want to work with veterans.

Interview Questions

• When will you take the NCLEX   Answer Question
    • Tell me some of your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Two patients one with chest pain and one with shortness of breath who do you go to first   Answer Question
    • What are your top 3 units of choice   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for our organization and why do u want to work with veterans   Answer Question

Housekeeping Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Hampton, VA) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was simple. Two people taking turns asking questions. A total of six questions. All questions were tell us a time when you XYZ. Interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you failed at something and how you learned from this failure?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you had to get a task done is a short time frame and how you accomplished the task?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

The interview was through a FaceTime call with a Talent Acquisition member and a charge nurse. Both were busy taking notes on a packet of pre-written questions. Did not really acknowledge what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a patient’s family was dissatisfied with your care. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Advanced Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

After applying online and and receiving en email that I was eligible for the job, I received a phone call to set up my phone interview. Phone interview consisted of panel made up of 5 people who each asked one question each.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time from work where you know you were right, but your supervisor asked you to do something different?   2 Answers

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Miami, FL).

Interview

Phone interview with two individuals who took turns asking questions for each phase. The questions were targeted to highlight aspects of your previous work experiences and how you were able to handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in May 2020.

Interview

I am new graduated and aplied in April, get an email for phone interview in May. The HR contacted me 10days after the interview.
    The whole phone interview is smooth and there are 3 senior technologist will ask you so many different technical problems. All about trouble shooting and short answer questions cover bloodbank, chem and micro. For new grad, know all the instruments and analyzer you've used in your clinical rotations and study ahead a little for preparation!

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Panel interview over the phone with three people. Questions followed PBI and were relevant to the position. each person asked different question and rotated through questions. Took approximately 40 minutes to complete and felt comfortable with the context.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for VA. Level of skills based on a number system rating   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Interview

Tell Me About Yourself.
    How Did You Hear About This Position?
    Why Do You Want to Work at This Company?
    Why Do You Want This Job?
    Why Should We Hire You?
    What Are Your Greatest Strengths?

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About a Time You Demonstrated Leadership Skills.
      What’s a Time You Disagreed With a Decision That Was Made at Work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Straightforward interview. Conducted by the nurse manager and a peer nurse. Combination of how you interact in the workplace and scenario based questions. I was asked to interpret an ECG at one point.

Interview Questions

• You walk into a patient room and are met with an irate patient and family member who state that this is the worst hospital ever and they want to speak with management. How do you respond?   Answer Question

Health Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Phone interview and possible in-person interview. Simple interview questions with two individuals rating you. The only downside with any federal job is that it takes a while for responses. All references are checked.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ability to train others. How did you go about it, what was your process, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer