US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

AMSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Miami, FL).

Interview

It was an easy interview. The waiting process is what took the longest. Being new to applying for government jobs this was new for me. I feel this part should be sped up especially for an entry level MSA position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult co worker? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Ekg Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview process was pretty lengthy. After waiting to be referred on usajobs, it took a monthly to get an in person interview. I then received a notification on usajobs that I had not gotten the job.

Chief of Police Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Three stage interview process. Every VA is different. SO the process could be different depending on the location. Recommend good start to get in the government but leave before it is to late

Women Veterans Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Durham, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

A 5 member panel interview asking various questions about personal and professional experiences to gain insight about job fit.. I had to provide professional insights on how I handled a situation and the outcome s of some experience. I also was given the opportunity to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement change?   1 Answer

Lpn Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Apply online, then if you are chosen you will be contacted by phone and set up with a panel interview. After that that interview, I was contacted by phone and by email. Pay was determined by a board that reviews all qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• It is difficult to recall any of the questions with any level of accuracy.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview after applying online and review of resume and responses to questionnaire. It was a long process, apply for the job over 8 months ago. I was very surprised to be contacted after this length of time.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple projects due at the same time?   1 Answer

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview consisted of the chief and associate chief of urology at the Boston's VA. There are a panel of questions that are standard and there are job specific questions.

Interview Questions

• How long have I worked in this field?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Disorganized. Scripted. They were not honest with the shift they had to offer and the way the vacation would work. I was totally deceived. The staff was rude when I met them. It was an awful experience

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (New Orleans, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I submitted my application in Summer 2016. Secondly, in September 2016 I had a panel interview with three supervisors. Thirdly, in February 2017 I had a phone interview with three supervisors. A few weeks later, I received an email from HR with a tentative offer pending the results of the pre-employment screening.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation in which you were advised to complete a task with which you disagreed.   Answer Question

APRN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Very formal. Several people interviewed me and I had to answer a series of standardized questions. Some were very general and didn't pertain to my actual role. Other questions were directly related. I think that they ask all NPs these questions.