US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

A panel interview of three. They showed me a list of questions they were going to ask me prior to starting the interview. They ask the typically type of questions starting from my background etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you help with teamwork?   1 Answer

Information Technology Specialist (TCF) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Reno, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, waited several weeks for response, interview was a few days later. They asked simple questions, scenario based, and some technical. Not challenging as this was a Technical Career Field position.
    A few days later received email notification I was not selected, someone else was selected. It appears this is another who you know, not what you know opportunity and they hired within facility.

Interview Questions

• What would you use if you needed to migrate a profile to a new computer.   1 Answer
    • How would you prioritize your work if someone needed immediate assistance?   Answer Question

Voucher Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I applied online, about a month later I was contacted for an interview. It was another six weeks before I received an offer. The interview lasted about ten minutes. A panel of three asked about two questions each.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Questioned by two people for about an hour. They asked me a few questions and explained what was expected of me on the job. Then gave me a short tour of the area I would be working in.

Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

interview consisted of 2 sessions by phone and were 2 weeks apart. Fairly straight forward and was notified 1 month past 1st interview of results, Overall straight forward. Would consider it a positive experience

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

It was in a conference room and they were late. They didn't read my resume, had to explain that I already worked worked for the VA. It was over all an easy interview seeing that out of a panel of 3, only one showed up to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Durham, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire hiring process was pretty smooth and well planned out (and not to mention fairly quick for a Federal job). I really appreciated how I was kept in the loop--it definitely made the process less daunting and confusing. Really looking forward to my first day! For anyone that's wondering, my timeline is listed below...

-2/05/17: I applied on the USAJobs website.
    -5/31/17: I received an email telling me that I was "referred".
    -6/1/17: I was contacted to set up an interview.
    -6/6/17: I had my interview. There were mostly situation-based questions.
    -6/22/17: I received a tentative job offer.
    -6/29/17: I was contacted to set up my pre-employment physical, fingerprints, and paperwork.
    -7/11/17: I completed my pre-employment physical and fingerprints.
    -8/3/17: I received a firm job offer and my start date (I start in September)!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was on the phone with a panel of 4 individuals taking turns asking questions. I applied online, about a month later I was contacted for a phone interview. The next day I got a tentative offer.

Interview Questions

• Specifically name a time where your involvement changed something at your work place.   Answer Question
    • Name a specific time when you had to go along with something that you didnt agree with? Why didn't you agree? Wjat did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

US Department of Veterans Affairs Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Sounds about right. Many hiring managers use Performance Based Interview questions. Offering a fair method of asking each candidate the same set of questions. Questions are typically chosen by the... More

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

Interview

The questions were straight and to the point. The interviewers asked questions that I really had to think about. Remembering key experiences in your nursing career is very important.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an unsatisfied patient in the past?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 5 managers from different med/surg units. They each took turns asking me questions from their question matrix. There was not very much talking besides asking/answering questions. Having said that, the mood was good and it was a positive interview experience. They said the VA process is tedious and may take a month to hear back from HR even though the decisions were being made that week. I believe the interview went very well for me but I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Why the VA?
      Tell me a time you could not grant a patient what they were asking for.
      Tell me a time you had to deal with a patient confrontation and how did you handle it?
      Scenario based question on a patient and what would I do in that situation.   Answer Question