US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 879 of over 879 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Featured Interview

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

The interview process is fairly simple. After you apply through USAJOBS and are referred, if you are amongst the highly qualified candidates you will receive a call to schedule an interview. Ensure you review the PBI questions and practice answering the questions using the PAR method. Have questions to ask regarding the job, department and anything you feel might be pertinent to the position.

Interview Questions
  • I tell us about a conflict with a coworker, what happened, what did you do and what was the result.
    1 Answer

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Okay. 4 people panel in the interview. One interview. 30 minutes. Interviewers were friendly. I got notified regarding my job offer in 2 weeks. Onboard took 5 months all together.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

This was a one hour long meeting with three clinicians using a problem based interview format. The interview required some preparation but sharpened my interview skills. Most of the time was spent with the panel asking me questions, with significantly less time for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to provide examples of how I handled various challenging situations

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Fast and wonderful people! Really explained a lot about the position and the people I would work with. There was a panel of four people and I only had one interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Very structured interview process. You will be asked to take about specific situations or programs in the past. Don't respond with generalities. There are example questions available to everyone online.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you saw a problem in your work environment and did something about it.
1 person found this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

From application to interview to start date the process takes much longer than it should. Sometimes it is difficult to reach someone with any questions or their response is delayed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Behavioral Questions focusing on team building, clinical judgement, handling conflict. 3 panel interview, 1 RN , 2 nurse managers from different units. discussed shifts available, discussed 3 positions within the facility

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Excellent it was a phone interview and later in person . Well organized. Hiring supervisor and another person were present was only 1 hour long. Provided references. Reference check was completed very soon but hiring took several months but great place to work

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Interview process was quick. Started with a phone interview, then an in-person interview, followed by an offer via telephone. However, it look a long time to actually start due to the background process required by the VA.

Interview Questions
  • What are your weaknesses? What are you strengths? Provide an example of a time when you had to resolve a conflict - how did you resolve the conflict?

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Telephone, TX)

Interview

Phone based interview. Several questions about experiences. There were two interviewers and they went back and forth in the interview taking turns asking questions. There was about 6 questions asked.

Interview Questions
  • Please describe a situation that was difficult? How was it resolved?
1 person found this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

First I had a screener Interview, then an in person interview with multiple PIs, a take-home statistical exercise, and an over-the-phone interview. The interviewers were extremely friendly and professional. I felt comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 879 Interviews