US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.7

Lpn Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Apply online, then if you are chosen you will be contacted by phone and set up with a panel interview. After that that interview, I was contacted by phone and by email. Pay was determined by a board that reviews all qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• It is difficult to recall any of the questions with any level of accuracy.   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview consisted of the chief and associate chief of urology at the Boston's VA. There are a panel of questions that are standard and there are job specific questions.

Interview Questions

• How long have I worked in this field?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Disorganized. Scripted. They were not honest with the shift they had to offer and the way the vacation would work. I was totally deceived. The staff was rude when I met them. It was an awful experience

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (New Orleans, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I submitted my application in Summer 2016. Secondly, in September 2016 I had a panel interview with three supervisors. Thirdly, in February 2017 I had a phone interview with three supervisors. A few weeks later, I received an email from HR with a tentative offer pending the results of the pre-employment screening.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation in which you were advised to complete a task with which you disagreed.   Answer Question

APRN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Very formal. Several people interviewed me and I had to answer a series of standardized questions. Some were very general and didn't pertain to my actual role. Other questions were directly related. I think that they ask all NPs these questions.

Veterans Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Chicago, IL).

Interview

You come in and there is a panel of three. The HR person introduces herself to me and to the panel. Then the questions begin. Each panel member asked two questions pertaining to the job I applied for. At the conclusion the HR asked if I had any question, concerns etc; I had a small list of my own qiestion. HR answered and informed me I would get a letter.

Interview Questions

• Why should they select me for this job   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews: First by phone; Asked performance based questions and wanted lots of examples of real life experience.

Second in person; Essentially chit chatted about interests and job duties. It wasn't informal but it was a very comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to discipline a subordinate   Answer Question

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Panel interview. Less than 20 minutes. There were numerous people listening and 3 potential hires answering questions. Deathly quiet on the other end. There was no talking between any of the people on the call. How do they expect to learn anything about the folks applying for the job.

Interview Questions

• Read different job situations and asked one question.   1 Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Augusta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. Asked normal questions wrote down answers as I spoke interview lasted about 30 mins. It was a panel of 3 people took about 3 weeks to hear something back

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

HORRIBLE....in this digital age! The application process can take 3 months. If one is offered a position, the salary amount is offered within the last telephone contact with Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• 3-5 individuals field the questions: maybe only 1 individual is knowledgeable regarding the position/job responsibilities. An absolute joke interviewing process!   1 Answer