US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

interview consisted of 2 sessions by phone and were 2 weeks apart. Fairly straight forward and was notified 1 month past 1st interview of results, Overall straight forward. Would consider it a positive experience

Interview Questions

• how do you handle conflict with a superior?   1 Answer

US Department of Veterans Affairs Response

Aug 25, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for the feedback and your service to veterans. . DS

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Washington, DC).

Interview

A panel interview with two of the agency supervisors. The initial interview was scheduled for a telephonic interview but was amended on the day-of to an in-person interview. Parking was problematic.

Interview Questions

• A unique situation I had to deal with at work.   1 Answer

College Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

The hiring process to work for the V A Medical Center was very easy. I applied online, meet with the HR manager, performed a background check and began working that summer.

Interview Questions

• What attributes can you bring to this department?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Completing paper application along with gathering the appropriate documents. After the postion announcement closed I contacted the hiring manager for an update. I was then invited to participate in an hiring fair. After filling out another paper application I was told to wait then immediately it was followed by an interview. They interview was with two managers who asked me to rate myself and my experiences.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview about a month after I applied for the position. I interviewed on site with a Sr. Project Manager. She told me about the position and the kinds of projects I might work on, and asked me about my research experience.

MICI/CICU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Panel interview
    Make you feel great. They speak highly of the answers you gave to the questions they asked. They give praise and point out things like you’re everything they’re looking for. Then you wait excited for some weeks to get an email saying you were not chosen for the job. They dont even off a written explanation as to why you weren’t selected.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

standard performance based interview questions dealing mostly with how to handle difficult customers, problem solving, finding resources, meeting deadlines. interview is a panel, first one was 3 people second was 6 people

Senior Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Professional, friendly, thorough and well organized. I was contacted quickly and given follow up details by email. I was questioned by a panel and the questions were pretty straight forward. The thing I was didn't like was multiple questions all in one.

Interview Questions

• The preset questions that you can find on the VA interview prep site then some additional questions based on the specific position I was seeking.   Answer Question

Associate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. On interview day, I met with 3 people who asked me standard interview questions - they basically asked me about my experiences and asked me why I wanted the job. The entire interview concluded very quickly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

The hiring process takes months but the interview was quick and easy. I was more qualified than the supervisors that interviewed me. They just ask basic questions on what computer systems you are familiar with.

Assistant Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (North Little Rock, AR).

Interview

All parties were in the same building. It was not done face to face. Was done over the telephone, very impersonal. Asked multiple part questions. Read them Very Rapidly. Lot of distortion on phone with some voices. Hard to mentally keep track of all of the parts of the questions that they were rapidly reading. Did 10 multiple part questions in ~ 30 minutes. You were not given enough time to even write them down to know if you were getting all parts answered. The rapid fire reading of questions made this Very difficult and impersonal. Face to Face interviews should be offered when the interview panel are in same area or building

Interview Questions

• Level 4 questions for a Unit Manager, not Level 2 or 3 for a Potential New Assistant Nurse Manager which was what the interview was for-deviated away from the standard Performance Based questions that should have been asked for the level that was advertised   1 Answer