KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 981 of over 981 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Department of Veterans Affairs

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in Jun 2022

Interview

I received a call to schedule the interview. The interview was scheduled the next day as a voice call via Microsoft Teams with a panel of three interviewers. Each person asked a serious of 3 questions.

Interview Questions
  • What's the biggest issue you've faced?
    Answer Question

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

three person panel. Each person asks you a question and you answer it. they "grade" you on the answers when picking a candidate. after the position closes they select one or more depending on the number of vacancies. If you're selected HR will call you with soft offer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about US Department of Veterans Affairs

Join the conversation on

Federal, Government, and Public Sector

1m

a

Senior Consultant

Can someone provide suggestions on how to crack a Fed job in Canada in CS ( Computer Science) domain. I was interviewed for CS-02 level for Veterans Affairs Canada and even cleared all the interview rounds. But then they say you have been added to a pool. If there is a position available they will reach out. Then why would they post a job if the position is not available, just wasting everyone's time, considering how ridiculous the application process is for fed jobs.

3 Comments

Join the conversation on

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Panel consisting of 4 individuals. Microsoft teams. Camera on. Two-three questions in one. Long HR process. Takes about 3-6 months. 7-10 questions asked in all. Provide examples, be detailed, and answer all questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

It was a direct hire position, so no interview. I simply received a phone call asking if I was still interested in the position and I agreed. Even meeting my supervisor, there was nothing truly formal about it. Very casual.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Long interview and hiring process. There are a lot of steps and levels to go through before you are actually hired and have a start date. The interviews are very to the point and they ask the same questions to each candidate to make it fair and equal

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

EASY. They asked generic questions. If you have basic knowledge about the role you will get the role. They asked about technical skills and soft skills and if you have any coding background

Interview Questions
  • tell me about yourself and why do you want this role

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Tediously, long and repetitive. It took months to get everything done before the process of a face to face even started. After the face to face it still took months.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Took a while to schedule, but pretty easy! Lots of bureaucracy, but that's to be expected from the federal government, I suppose. Once it pushed through, it was smooth sailing.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard behavioral questions. Nothing too surprising!

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Very slow, unorganized. No one knew the process, seemed like they were making it up on the fly. It was borderline unprofessional and I was a bit embarrassed with the low quality approach utilized to onboard potential employees.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time in the last year when you had to deal with an upset patient or coworker, what happened, and what was the outcome?

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

long process, apply usajobs, and numerous waits for calls. The interview focused on topical highlights in regards to covid 19, and proper PPE. There are numerous process and multiple levels of interview and vetting and licensure r

Interview Questions
  • where will you be in five years?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 981 Interviews

US Department of Veterans Affairs Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at US Department of Veterans Affairs as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.78 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Registered Nurse and Veteran Service Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Medical Support Assistant and Advanced Medical Support Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at US Department of Veterans Affairs takes an average of 66 days when considering 1,008 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Veteran Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 52 days), whereas Registered Nurse roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 85 days).

Common stages of the interview process at US Department of Veterans Affairs according to 1,008 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 23.24%