US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Lengthy, took several months to just receive an offer, but the interview itself was short and to the point. Questions were fairly general and open-ended, allowing a mid range of "correct" choices.

Interview Questions

• Technical knowledge, work ethics, customer service, problem solving   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

I was messaged by a recruiter to come and have a guaranteed interview at the job fair. I waited in line for 1 hour, gave them my resume and license, and sat for another 4 hours before they called my name and told me that they didn't want to interview me.

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Applied for the position in March and was called back last week to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 nurses and I was very comfortable. The questions were provided at the beginning and how it is scored.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with another employee, what did you do, and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

AMSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Miami, FL).

Interview

It was an easy interview. The waiting process is what took the longest. Being new to applying for government jobs this was new for me. I feel this part should be sped up especially for an entry level MSA position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult co worker? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Ekg Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview process was pretty lengthy. After waiting to be referred on usajobs, it took a monthly to get an in person interview. I then received a notification on usajobs that I had not gotten the job.

Chief of Police Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Three stage interview process. Every VA is different. SO the process could be different depending on the location. Recommend good start to get in the government but leave before it is to late

Women Veterans Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Durham, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

A 5 member panel interview asking various questions about personal and professional experiences to gain insight about job fit.. I had to provide professional insights on how I handled a situation and the outcome s of some experience. I also was given the opportunity to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement change?   1 Answer

Lpn Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Apply online, then if you are chosen you will be contacted by phone and set up with a panel interview. After that that interview, I was contacted by phone and by email. Pay was determined by a board that reviews all qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• It is difficult to recall any of the questions with any level of accuracy.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview after applying online and review of resume and responses to questionnaire. It was a long process, apply for the job over 8 months ago. I was very surprised to be contacted after this length of time.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple projects due at the same time?   1 Answer

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the dietitian position online. 2 weeks later, HR contacted me to schedule for interview. The interview panel consisted of 2 supervisors. Both interviewers are really friendly. HR contacted me for a second interview on the same week. First interview questions are mostly PBI questions, questions related to dietitian assessment skills, and questions related to what you mentioned on your resume. The first interview took about an hour. Second interview questions are more specifically related to the position, it took 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a difficult patient that you have to deal with in the past.
      Q: Tell me about your experience providing education to interns or staff.
      Answer Question