US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

interview consisted of 2 sessions by phone and were 2 weeks apart. Fairly straight forward and was notified 1 month past 1st interview of results, Overall straight forward. Would consider it a positive experience

Interview Questions

• how do you handle conflict with a superior?   1 Answer

US Department of Veterans Affairs Response

Aug 25, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for the feedback and your service to veterans. . DS

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

They were flexible and let me conduct a phone interview. It was with a panel with three main interviewers and a few others. Positive experience. USAJobs is a frustrating experience especially knowing the stage of my application. Once you talk to a real person the process becomes much easier and quicker.

Interview Questions

• My past job experience and how flexible I have been with unique situations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

A panel interview of three. They showed me a list of questions they were going to ask me prior to starting the interview. They ask the typically type of questions starting from my background etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you help with teamwork?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

The hiring process takes months but the interview was quick and easy. I was more qualified than the supervisors that interviewed me. They just ask basic questions on what computer systems you are familiar with.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Pineville, LA) in December 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview consisting of 5 questions. I applied online and 3 months later received an email invite for a telephone interview. Passed and was selected for hire. Next step was physical and drug testing at the VA hospital. After you pass that then you will receive an offer and a start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a patient or coworker.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult patient and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Vsr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

A two panel interview. Asked a total of 5 IBR multipart questions. They were definitely hard question but I gave it ny best. I had an hour following the interview to do an iCARE writing test to say what each of the words depicted in the acronym meant to me and how I would apply it to the job for which I'm applying.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you made an unethical decision in your professional or educational career. Would you make that decision again?   1 Answer

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Martinez, CA).

Interview

Applied and was selected to interview. The interview as informal and very unprofessional and very much unlike any civilian interview process. The interview was unprofessional due to the interviewers not seemingly taking the process seriously themselves and joking the entire time inappropriately. Questions were seemingly out of left field and caused the interview to go over the allotted time limit. Inappropriate questions were asked during the interview which alluded to what could be construed as ageism. After interviewing with civilian law enforcement and going through the process with an offer I would highly recommend anyone interested go that route instead of here. I am considering filing a formal complaint on the process. Be wary.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a vehicle on fire?   1 Answer

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Allen Park, MI).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy and smooth. There were detailed, indepth background investigations as well as interviews with neighbors, family and friends. There was also financial background checks. All in all it went pretty smooth.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Got called from HR for a phone interview within a couple weeks of submitting my application online. I was provided information to call in (vs. waiting to be called). There were three interviewers and it lasted just under 30 minutes with about ten total questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly performance based. You need to provide specific examples of situations you've faced and how you've managed them. For example, "Give an example of a time you and your coworkers were unable to agree on a course of action. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?".   Answer Question

Physician Interview

Interview

have a rigorous online application process, regulated requirements, rigid pay scale, in person interview with multiple future colleagues chief of staff and chief of service, , additional on the job experience available,

Chaplain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Group interview went exceptional well. There were four people on the panel and they all asked questions about the position. I had opportunity to collaborate and communicate my hopes, dreams, and aspirations regarding my passion and vision for helping Veterans and their Families who are heroes of war and Veterans of all branches of the military.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer