US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.1

118 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in June 2017.

Interview

The questions were straight and to the point. The interviewers asked questions that I really had to think about. Remembering key experiences in your nursing career is very important.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an unsatisfied patient in the past?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 5 managers from different med/surg units. They each took turns asking me questions from their question matrix. There was not very much talking besides asking/answering questions. Having said that, the mood was good and it was a positive interview experience. They said the VA process is tedious and may take a month to hear back from HR even though the decisions were being made that week. I believe the interview went very well for me but I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Why the VA?
      Tell me a time you could not grant a patient what they were asking for.
      Tell me a time you had to deal with a patient confrontation and how did you handle it?
      Scenario based question on a patient and what would I do in that situation.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Applied for the position in March and was called back last week to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 nurses and I was very comfortable. The questions were provided at the beginning and how it is scored.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with another employee, what did you do, and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

I was messaged by a recruiter to come and have a guaranteed interview at the job fair. I waited in line for 1 hour, gave them my resume and license, and sat for another 4 hours before they called my name and told me that they didn't want to interview me.

Interview Questions

US Department of Veterans Affairs Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Sorry that was your experience. I can not address the specific case, but I do know that career fairs can get very busy. If you are still interested, I encourage you to send your resume/ CV to... More

Ekg Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview process was pretty lengthy. After waiting to be referred on usajobs, it took a monthly to get an in person interview. I then received a notification on usajobs that I had not gotten the job.

Women Veterans Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Durham, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

A 5 member panel interview asking various questions about personal and professional experiences to gain insight about job fit.. I had to provide professional insights on how I handled a situation and the outcome s of some experience. I also was given the opportunity to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement change?   1 Answer

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Panel interview. Less than 20 minutes. There were numerous people listening and 3 potential hires answering questions. Deathly quiet on the other end. There was no talking between any of the people on the call. How do they expect to learn anything about the folks applying for the job.

Interview Questions

• Read different job situations and asked one question.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

HORRIBLE....in this digital age! The application process can take 3 months. If one is offered a position, the salary amount is offered within the last telephone contact with Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• 3-5 individuals field the questions: maybe only 1 individual is knowledgeable regarding the position/job responsibilities. An absolute joke interviewing process!   1 Answer

Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a qualification letter every time and then interview process began, that being said it was on my 2nd out of 3 times of applying for the position. However, I was currently already working in that position as a contractor for 18 months. I didn't get the job!?

Medical Support Assistant OA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I felt that it was easy. Because I knew what to do in that position. There are a panel of at least 4 people firing questions at you. Afterwards there was a drug test and a questionnaire. We exchanged pleasantries and they said to look at an acceptance or denial letter.