US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.7

Physician, Family Practice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applicant was met at the reception desk by receptionist. A tour of the facility and meeting with the administrative and clinical staff followed by interview by the VAH administrator.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable managing chronic pain patients and their medications?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Boston, MA).

Interview

it was laid back with 3 nurses and the business manager. I was relaxed and actually had a good time. It was in one of the nursing offices and they gave me a tour after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in October 2017.

Interview

The federal fiscal year may affect when you get hired. It resets in October. I applied to the job and heard nothing for 3 months. Once the fiscal year started again, I received a call, interview, and job offer within 1 week. (I was very surprised) I was required to fill out a large amount of paperwork and pass the screening before the given a starting date. After I did, I was scheduled to start a month later.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation with an employee or customer?... Behavior style questions, especially about abiding to regulations and sensitive info.   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Interview panel scores you. Questions not always relevent to position. Wait weeks and weeks to get a reply after interview. Poor chain of communication. Some of the interview panel participated by telephone.

Advanced Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Referred July 2017; Received phone call for phone interview September 2017. Interviewed by 3 person panel. Asked 6 PBI questions. If you haven't practiced answering these types of questions, I advise you to start because your answers/responses can make or break your interview.

Pharmacy Technician CPhT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job on September 12th and the closing date was on 9/28 I received in email that I was referred to the next step on October 20th. October 26th I received my first interview. The recruiter said that it takes approximately 3 to 4 months for a hire date

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muskogee, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Muskogee, OK) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on usajobs.gov after working for VA for 1.5 years at education call center. Received email a few days after closing date that I was referred for interview, emailed interview details a few days later. Interviewed by 2 individuals and then given an hour to complete a written assessment to determine my writing style and how well I convey my thoughts. Offered job the following week.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks and how does this work for you?   Answer Question
    • name a time you have had to review material to develop a new way of doing things in your job.   Answer Question
    • Two other PBI questions.   Answer Question
    • are you willing to work overtime?   Answer Question
    • are you able to attend mandatory training out of state for 8 weeks?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Over the phone interview with Dept head and 2 clinical application coordinators. It was about an hour long. They asked about my KSAs. Very smooth interview and I felt like I was just talking normally to them. Felt relaxed and calm the whole time.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Easy. I applied to a board and was selected. Then I filled out a 1 page contract listing how much and how I will be paid. I was actually away for a military training when I heard I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• What kind of hours can you work? What is your class schedule? What days can you work?   Answer Question

MSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 intervewers brief and to the point wanted to make sure your comfortable 5 questions, interview took less than an 1 hour, avoid rambling listen to PAR (problem action and resolution)

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you made a suggestion to enhance productivity in your unit   1 Answer