US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.7

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Phone Interview was conducted by 3 supervisors. Each asked multi-part questions. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. The interviewers were very thorough and professional.

I was told at the end of the interview my scored answers to the questions would be tallied and my resume along with interview responses would be forwarded to human resources for further review.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to follow a policy or procedure you disagreed with. What did you disagree with, why, and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to communicate with someone else in writing. What did you have to convey, how well did you do it, what was the hardest part of conveying your message and how do you feel it was recieved?   Answer Question

Staff Psychiatrist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in December 2016.

Interview

Called to express my interest in the position. Offered an interview with two staff psychiatrists in leadership positions. Interviewed for a few hours and given a tour of the facility. I was then given contact information of the other staff members that I would be working with. The entire process was fairly simple and not as stressful as some other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a clinical situation that has been difficult for you.   Answer Question

Medical Support Assistant OA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I felt that it was easy. Because I knew what to do in that position. There are a panel of at least 4 people firing questions at you. Afterwards there was a drug test and a questionnaire. We exchanged pleasantries and they said to look at an acceptance or denial letter.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Albany, NY).

Interview

I don't think they expected to me to be so professional-I relocated from a very competitive environment.
    Initial application involved extensive employment history with supervisory persons,employment dates and contact information.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (New York, NY).

Interview

Process was long but well worth the wait! With the VA everything takes a long time from the time they first call you for a interview until they decide to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Program Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was conduct by panel of 3 people. The interview process started out with the question tell us about yourself and why you would want to work for the VA. Their questions were performance based. Each panel member asked 3 questions. The interview took 30 mins. Interview overall experience was great!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you had an upset customer; how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online at usa jobs.com then after a few weeks you gey an email stating a phone interested time and date. The phone Interview is a panel of 3 people asking a total of 0 questions and dicussing your responses after every question while you hold. You recoeve the decision after 4 to 6 weeks by email

Interview Questions

• What you ever lead a project from atart to finish? An what where the positive oitcomes from it?   Answer Question

Advanced Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Dublin, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in June 2016 and was called for my interview in October 2016. Was called for interview on a Wednesday, interviewed face to face on Thursday, and received word that I had been chosen for the position on Friday. It took approximately a month to complete background check, KSA assessment, physical screening, etc. before I received the official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly situation based.
      Q: How did you go above and beyond in the workplace?
      Q: How do you work under stress?
      Q: How well do you multitask?
      Q: Tell about a time when you disagreed with a supervisor or manager and how did you handle it.
      Q: Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client.
      1 Answer

Equal Opporitunity Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview consisted of 3 interviews with a total of six questions. All interviews were very professional. The questions they asked were all pointed to the job that I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the qualifications you hold as a Equal Opportunity Specialist?   Answer Question

Contracting Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Took a long time to get it scheduled, confusing, a large panel. A second interview was scheduled although was told the original interview was a "second" interview and the only interview. Paperwork and HR/IT vey slow in processing and a lot of wrong doings.