US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.7

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Augusta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. Asked normal questions wrote down answers as I spoke interview lasted about 30 mins. It was a panel of 3 people took about 3 weeks to hear something back

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

HORRIBLE....in this digital age! The application process can take 3 months. If one is offered a position, the salary amount is offered within the last telephone contact with Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• 3-5 individuals field the questions: maybe only 1 individual is knowledgeable regarding the position/job responsibilities. An absolute joke interviewing process!   1 Answer

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Phone Interview was conducted by 3 supervisors. Each asked multi-part questions. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. The interviewers were very thorough and professional.

I was told at the end of the interview my scored answers to the questions would be tallied and my resume along with interview responses would be forwarded to human resources for further review.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to follow a policy or procedure you disagreed with. What did you disagree with, why, and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to communicate with someone else in writing. What did you have to convey, how well did you do it, what was the hardest part of conveying your message and how do you feel it was recieved?   Answer Question

Staff Psychiatrist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in December 2016.

Interview

Called to express my interest in the position. Offered an interview with two staff psychiatrists in leadership positions. Interviewed for a few hours and given a tour of the facility. I was then given contact information of the other staff members that I would be working with. The entire process was fairly simple and not as stressful as some other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a clinical situation that has been difficult for you.   Answer Question

Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a qualification letter every time and then interview process began, that being said it was on my 2nd out of 3 times of applying for the position. However, I was currently already working in that position as a contractor for 18 months. I didn't get the job!?

Medical Support Assistant OA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I felt that it was easy. Because I knew what to do in that position. There are a panel of at least 4 people firing questions at you. Afterwards there was a drug test and a questionnaire. We exchanged pleasantries and they said to look at an acceptance or denial letter.

Vsr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

after the online app they are forced to use a standard script based interview. ALL the questions are available on the VA website - and there is nothing tricky. there is a paper test in the interview - find the answer based on the regulation page that you are given. it doesnt say to do this - but if you cite the reference number it impresses them.

Interview Questions

• describe an experience where you made a difference   1 Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Albany, NY).

Interview

I don't think they expected to me to be so professional-I relocated from a very competitive environment.
    Initial application involved extensive employment history with supervisory persons,employment dates and contact information.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (New York, NY).

Interview

Process was long but well worth the wait! With the VA everything takes a long time from the time they first call you for a interview until they decide to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Program Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was conduct by panel of 3 people. The interview process started out with the question tell us about yourself and why you would want to work for the VA. Their questions were performance based. Each panel member asked 3 questions. The interview took 30 mins. Interview overall experience was great!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you had an upset customer; how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer