US Department of Veterans Affairs Licensed Clinical Social Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Licensed Clinical Social Worker

Create your profile to get personalized information

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview by a panel of 3 who took turns in asking questions behavioral performance based questions.
Lasted about 30-40 minutes.
I prepared ahead of time by doing my research on possible questions that may be asked.

Interview Questions

• How can you diffuse an irate patient?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Martinez, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

There are standard questions for the Performance Based Interviews. My interview was over the phone. Three staffers present. There were 5 Each took turns asking questions. The interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I will give questions from several interviews not any specific one.
      How do you deal with deadlines?
      How do you deal with conflict with a co-worker?
      Give us a example of excellent customer service.
      Give us an example of a challenging Veterans and how you kept boundaries?
      How did you de-escalate an angry Veteran?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Performance Based Interview questions that you can find on the VA website. Met with 4 people on the interview panel. Enjoyed the experience as everyone was very nice. Did not get the position I interviewed for but was offered to interview for a couple of other positions available.

Interview Questions

• What kind of supervisory experience would you prefer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

There were three people who interviewed me for a job I preformed 6 years earlier. They used 5 questions: clinical/tools/modalities I like to use; do I have experience working with a team; how do I resolve issues (with an example) with co-workers/team member; give an example of a treatment tool when providing family therapy.

Interview Questions

• How you resolved issues when you worked on a team. See above as well.   1 Answer