US Department of Veterans Affairs Licensed Practical Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Licensed Practical Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Portland, OR) in February 2008.

Interview

Applied online at USAJobs.com. 2 months before asked for interview. Waited another 2 months after interview to be offered letter of acceptance and New Employee Hire classes.

Interview Questions

• Your hardest or most difficult night?   1 Answer
  • Feelings about caring for people with stressed or grumpy demeanor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The wages are based on a formula under GPS.

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Altoona, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview short. Once hired, it' lots of paperwork. Standard questions.. give an example of how you dealt with an angry coworker or patients. Give examples of how you went beyond your basic job duties to benefit a patient Come prepared with examples of past work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you are a team player.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Sacramento, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Brief, quick and right to the PBI questions. I'm a veteran and end up not being selected for the position. The HR was kindly enough to send another HR with a vacancy at a nearby hospital to give me a call first. I just received a phone interview and awaiting for their respond. recommend to study the PBI questions from their online site. It gave me an idea and prepared me for the second interview. The first phone interview with "PBI questions" caught me off guard because I didn't know what they will ask.

Interview Questions

• PBI questions on the VA site exact or very similar.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application on line in November 2014. I didn't here anything back until the first of January, because I was already working contract with the VA it made things easier. I did my fingerprints and health screen. I had a telephone interview that obviously went well and I hired on in February 2015. It can be a long process but it is worth it.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are performance based interviewing. The questions are on their web site.
      IE: How would you handle an upset patient?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Johnson City, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

I actually applied for 3 jobs, I was interviewed for 2 of them. The interviews were 3 to 4 people in management positions. They took turns asking you questions, which consist of 3 to 4 part answers. You are graded on your answers.
    Most of the questions were more related to a hospital setting, which I have never worked in a hospital. So I felt like all my answers were basically the same. I've been a lpn for 32 years, and I worked in a nursing home for 4 yrs, then dermatology for 7 yrs, then ENT for 3 yrs, I've been at Mountain Region Family Med. ever since.

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't remember the exact questions. They all were related to how you would respond to certain incidents. And if so and so happened what would you do.
      One was, have you in anyway suggested of a way of doing things better, and did my office manager agree. I'm sorry, I couldn't be more specific.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Phila, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Standard form used to ask questions. Each individual asked questions related to my work experience and/or situations at work. The panel first explained the position, then asked pre-set questions, then I was able to ask questions about the position. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard interview questions. Basically, what would you do in a specific situation. Describe an experience that you we unsure of something, what did you do in that situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Saint Cloud, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Showed up to the VA hospital, checked in at the nurses station, and waited for the interviewing panel to arrive. Both interviews were conducted by two people and lasted about 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of work place conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question