US Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Support Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Support Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.7

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in December 2018.

Interview

The interview was not what I expected. When I walked in they explained that the interview consisted of three PBI questions. They estimated the interview would take around 20 minutes to complete. As I responded to the questions they took notes and included input on my responses.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of a time when you had to deal with an angry customer. What was the problem and what was the outcome? What was your role in diffusing the situation?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the last new procedure you had to learn in your job. Tell me what specifically was the hardest aspect of learning the new procedure. Tell me specifically what you liked best about learning the new procedure. How well is the new procedure working now?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Columbia, SC).

Interview

This can sometimes take 3+ months...I put in my application and then when they called I didn't remember applying...I did a telephone interview and was skeptical about doing one...it turned out good b/c I was selected.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers was hoarse so it was a little difficult to understand them...most of the questions were "Tell me about a time when..." kind of questions...not too nerve wracking   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I didn't know I could negotiate my salary at the time.

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, and then a one to one interview, background check and orientation. I waitied a few months for all of the paperwork to go through. There was a panel of three people who were conducting the interviewing portion of the position.

Negotiation

N.A

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Durham, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Regardless of the job for which you're applying, write an extensive, LONG resume. One job per page - and fill each page with your responsibilities, accomplishments, how you overcame challenges, and how you contributed or improved your working environment. This isn't the private sector resume with bullet points! ELABORATE on your resume. You need to paint a picture for Human Resources so they know exactly who you are, how you managed your work day, and how you excelled or overcame challenges.

Also, follow the instructions on the job announcement. Include your employer, address, phone number, month & year of employment, full-time or part-time, and the number of hours you worked per week. Some managers conduct a phone interview first, so be prepared. Dress and professionally - whether on the phone or in person. Don't chew gum and don't smell like cigarettes. Be calm, confident, and tell the truth. They will find out if what you say is factual.

Interview Questions

• Because this was a year ago, I don't recall the questions I was asked. Three people were present and everyone had a different question but the interaction was easy and no one intimidated me (thankfully).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Federal government positions frequently have a set salary but some positions have more negotiation room than others.

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

had a telephone interview and then a face to face interview with three people on a panel. Was shown around the facility, and introduced to the staff who worked there.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me an incident that you had with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was with a three panel group. Each person asked a question, not many questions. It was a relaxed setting and very comfortable. Always made sure to answer each question truthful and be myself.

Interview Questions

• What to do in difficult situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was satisfied with my first offer. Pleased.

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Very long process, background checks everything goes through an HR department that covers over 20,000 employees but the wait is usually the background checks and being able to get in touch with references and past employers.

Interview Questions

• Performance Based Interview Questions. Interviewers want examples not just answers   Answer Question

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Was notified of interview through the veterans recruitment coordinator. Interview was about thirty minutes long. There were two people on the panel. The asked many questions, all of which were fairly easy to answer. Common since answers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was hostile.   1 Answer

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is tedious and slow. There is much more fine print to read than most jobs when apply for a gov't job. Additionally they require more documentation than most to include supporting documentation, forms to provide proof of, and questionnaires. It can then take 6 months before a person responds via email or phone. The interview process once started is pleasant and professional. A panel of 3 asked question regarding education, experience as well as the personable questions and discussion.

Interview Questions

• Please recount an instance when you unexpectedly had to solve a very difficult situation, why was it difficult, what was your role, what resources did you use, what training did you draw upon and what was the impact of your actions for your organization? Be specific.   Answer Question

There was no schedule flexibility.

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in October 2014.

Interview

Applied in September, got an email and interview in October, and was offered a position today!! 20 Nov. 14.
    PBR type interview. Mine was pretty intense, 3 person board. Each person asked about 10 questions each, all directed towards your resume and how it can apply to the position. Be sure to "scrub" your resume.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation in which you had a better idea than your manager, and how did you handled the differences?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I read on here that ppl negotiated pay, but I can tell you, at least for me, it was never mentioned nor discussed. You applied for the GS level, so either accept it or find another offer.