US Department of Veterans Affairs Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

3.6

Nursing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Cleveland, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

One interview with manager. Offer came three months later. LONG hiring processes. Leaves you wondering if you should really give notice to previous employer. Requires a lot of follow up and paperwork that will get lost and need to be re-submitted. Tiring process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Employee in Hines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Hines, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

It takes a long time to be submitted to hiring officer. You get a phone call for an interview and then when you are hired you go through extensive background check and a long orientation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a hiring board that meets and makes a determination on your experience and education.

Nurse Interview

Interview

Interview with Manager and Assistant manager, did have to wait quite a while but was acknowledged while waiting and frequent apologies offered due to the wait time. General questions asked as with most interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would I diffuse a specific issue in which nobody gets what they want.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation offered, you take what you get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard panel interview that already have their minds made up before you enter the room. I was made to feel like the interviewers couldn't be bothered and were just going through the motions to get an interview out of the way

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Intense. You have to answer PBI questions. Great screening process. Be prepared with outcomes, and current knowledge of position you are applying for. You are expected to answer 7-10 PBI, Which means performance based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle this specific situation? What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Memphis, TN) in April 2018.

Interview

Telephonic will 6 people on the call including myself. It was difficult to understand some of the questions as interviewers were on cell phones or speaker phones and at times conversations over lapped. Questions asked did not correspond to job applied for so it was difficult to answer some of the questions based on this. Interview was very short which was an indication I was who they were looking for. Was offered to ask questions but was so upset at how this whole process had gone I declined to ask anything. The phone interview with multiple people and not knowing this was the process made everything more stressful and nerve racking. I wish I had not interviewed now as this really cut into my confidence.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a difficult group to work with? How do you handle conflict among coworkers?   1 Answer

Nursing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in August 2010.

Interview

Applied 7 months prior to recieving first phone call to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very generic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You needed to submit a paper answer various questions to prove your worth more. Go for the negotiation process it's annoying but beneficial.

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in April 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was quite extensive beginning with the application and required documentation process. Those individuals who met the qualifications were then evaluated using a matrix. A cut-off point was made and those applicants above the cut-off were first given a telephone panel interview. The second round was a face-to-face panel interview with a different group of associates. The last round was a face-to-face with leadership.

Interview Questions

• Given a scenario with data included, tell me your analysis of the data. Based on your analysis what is your course of action?   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Be prepared for a lengthy process. It is the goverment. Expect a panel interview of at least three people.

Interview Questions

• Define what type of process you implemented and then redesigned when it didn't work. How did you do it?   Answer Question

Couldn't wait any longer (more than three months). I accepted another offer.