US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions in Oklahoma City, OK | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions in Oklahoma City, OK

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

Must apply online, then called about position several months later. Interviewed on telephone and in person by a group panel. Job offer and salary offer was several weeks later. Credentialing process was very long- took me 4-5 months to complete Credentialing before I could actually start working. Being a Federal position, there is a lot more steps to the process verses a civilian position.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable am i working with primarily an adult male population?   Answer Question

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview as I was applying for a job in a state other than where I lived. The interview questions were pretty standard fare but it was difficult to gauge how my responses were being accepted as I couldn't see the interviewers to pick up their non-verbal cues. I got the job though, so the eye-brow raises must've out number there eye rolls.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you worked as a member of a team to accomplish something significant. What was your role in the team, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. I was given a list of key skills and abilities. I was then asked to explain explicitly how I measured against those, and to provide specific examples. My responses were then reviewed by a panel who decided where I would land on the pay scale. At that point it was a take it or leave it type situation.