US Department of Veterans Affairs Police Officer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2018

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

3.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 8 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Martinez, CA)

Interview

Applied and was selected to interview. The interview as informal and very unprofessional and very much unlike any civilian interview process. The interview was unprofessional due to the interviewers not seemingly taking the process seriously themselves and joking the entire time inappropriately. Questions were seemingly out of left field and caused the interview to go over the allotted time limit. Inappropriate questions were asked during the interview which alluded to what could be construed as ageism. After interviewing with civilian law enforcement and going through the process with an offer I would highly recommend anyone interested go that route instead of here. I am considering filing a formal complaint on the process. Be wary.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you saw a vehicle on fire?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Allen Park, MI)

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy and smooth. There were detailed, indepth background investigations as well as interviews with neighbors, family and friends. There was also financial background checks. All in all it went pretty smooth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (United States) in Sep 2017

Interview

Submitted application, resume, and supporting paperwork in September. Position closed the next day. Two weeks later I received phone call from administration and scheduled a phone interview (I live about 50 miles away). A week later I had a phone interview with a 3-member panel consisting of various police chiefs and bigwigs. They asked situational questions about times when I've done _________. I was asked 5 questions, then was allowed to ask questions myself. Whole interview took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you’ve had to deal with an agitated customer – what did you do?
  • Describe a time when you failed to meet organizational objectives and how did it affect your team or organization.
  • Describe a time when you’ve had to balance multiple tasks and decide how to prioritize them.
  • Describe a time when a supervisor was absent and you had to overcome a challenge without guidance or aid.
  • Tell us why you want to work here.
Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Albuquerque, NM)

Interview

Direct hire so no interview was needed. I had prior police experience so my resume spoke for itself. Spoke to human resources on the phone to go more in depth of my experience.

Interview Questions
    US Department of Veterans Affairs
    Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA
    Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Chico, CA)

Interview

Was first called to confirm I was interested in the position then invited to an interview. I checked in with the officer and waited in the lobby on the day of the interview. I was then escorted to a board room where I was interviewed by a five person panel, including one human resources representative. After completing the interview, the escort informed me I would likely get an offer. I later received a call to schedule a chief's interview. The Chief's interview was very relaxed, one on one, in the same board room as the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your partner on duty found his wife cheating on him in the parking lot and decided to confront them?
    Anonymous Employee in United States
    Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (United States)

Interview

Interview was a standard board style interview for federal jobs. You sit in front of 3 senior officers and they ask you 12 questions. The interview is a Behavior Based Interview. I recommend searching Behavior Based Interview on google and do a little research on them before going. It will help you a lot and give you an idea about the types of questions they ask. I could tell you the questions they asked but it wouldn't help because they don't ask the same questions every time.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the Department of Veterans Affairs Police Service?
    Anonymous Employee in United States
    Application

Interview

one interview with a panel, and a series of 4 questions per member. The entire process took almost a year from applying to getting hired. After getting hired even if you were a seasoned Police Officer you still have to attend their joke and a waste of an academy.

Interview Questions
    • when did you disagree with a supervisor and what was the outcome,
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Application

I applied online. The process took 9 months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Brooklyn, NY) in Oct 2009

Interview

Federal Job Site: www.usajobs.com. Pass on-line test. Wait for written notification of successful of qualifications . Subsequent interview, medical exam, psychological exam. Upon completion of process, wait for confirmation of acceptance to Federal Police Academy.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you qualified for this job.