US Department of Veterans Affairs Program Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Program Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Pines, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Bay Pines, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview. Actually haven't gotten result yet. Was a little surprised that the overall mission of the VA and Veterans didn't come up at all. The two interviewers were polite, on time and gave me enough time to answer. As I guess they are supposed to do, they didn't react at all to any of my answers-just silence when I had finished my answers. First time I have had that though. Had to tell them I was finished answering.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Columbia, SC) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied for position in September via USAJOBS website. Referred as qualified 2 weeks later. Phone interview was conducted first week of November. Received tentative offer November 19th, this offer was pending my fingerprints and PPD skin test. Received firm offer on December 3rd. Start date will be December 15th.

I was told this was very short compared to how long it usually takes to get hired at a VA facility.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was, "Have you ever judged someone who had a mental handicap"?

Just stick to your application and make sure it's 100 percent true. Do that and your interview will be just fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, I was very pleased with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

application then telephonic interview

Interview Questions

• Understanding and input for strategic plan for the future to improve dellivery of services to our veterans   1 Answer

Negotiation

eay

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in January 2016.

Interview

Very brief and to the point, after the actual hire is where the time kicked in.
    1) Sent resume through USA Jobs
    2) about three weeks after the deadline I received a call to come in ASAP for an interview, however I was in London at the time and wouldn't be back for two weeks. I was told they would check but they were fairly sure they would fill the spot by that time. I felt bad but what can you do?
    3) Received call two weeks later asking if I was still available, went in for interview where they asked me 6 behavioral questions off a sheet of paper.
    4) Called back following week with offer, accepted and then took two months to start due to slow hiring process and understaffed HR

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online which was then followed by a panel interview. The interview consisted of situational based questions such as describing situations where you showed leadership or took on organizational challenges.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview is usually held with members of the team; each asking questions. They are usually performance-based questions. Situational and hypothetical. It would be helpful to become familiar with performance based questions. Not easy as you may have not had that situation and making something up is not realistic.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to make a difficult decision without a supervisor at your disposal. What did you do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hines, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Hines, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process could start out as a preliminary meet and greet. Very informal. Do not be surprised that the hiring authority will have 10 or more applicants in the waiting room if you are the one interviewing early. The second interview is formal and panel based with two or more people attending who rate your answers. You are only allowed to ask questions after the panel interview is concludes.
    You must answer the questions properly or you get a poor score and kiss your candidacy goodbye. So be prepared with proper answers, short examples- one only, short, then keep your mouth shut.
    As for any government medial facility I am going to assume, maybe incorrectly, if you are a licensed professional and it is a skill they need, the panel interview would not be the way to go to hire a doctor, nurse, or a technician, hypothetically. Otherwise, I would love to work for any government health facility. For the most part, it seems everyone I've met likes serving veterans.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you created a process, how did you do it. how was it rolled out, what was the result, what did your boss feel about it, your staff felt about it, and how did you feel about it. You will get asked 12-20 of these question. You must get a five or four on each answer. The person with the perfect score total gets the job. You can be the most horrible person after you get the job, but the only thing that matters is that the government and state government hire this way because of a a law suite incurred years ago where they had to pay multi-millions to a candidate because they felt discriminated against. IMO could it be due to the governments hiring authority using biases and nepotism? Sorry I can't cite the lawsuit, I new it once.   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in October 2010.

Interview

Getting hired for into a Federal government job is still a long process. For me it took over 6 months from the position closing to the offer. The most frustrating part is that you have no idea what's going on or where you stand. About three months after I applied, I received a phone call inviting me to interview. The interview was a conference call with a panel of four people. They explained the process to me at the beginning of the call and it was the most bizarre interview experience I've ever had. They asked a series about six questions. Each time I answered the question with no feedback from the panel; they remained completely silent until I indicated that I was finished with my answer. The questions were insightful and well chosen, and I could tell that the managers who wrote them had a realistic understanding of the work and its challenges. I felt the questions gave me a chance to talk about my strengths. The highly structured nature of the interview was a little unsettling, but it's designed for uniformity and fairness. Then I didn't hear anything again for another three months, until I got an email with a job offer. The system is weird and frustrating, but the people themselves were great. Any time I actually had contact with a person, I was encouraged, and so far, this has been a good place to work. To anyone considering applying, I would say go for it. Tailor your resume for the position description and make sure your answers to the written questions on the online application give evidence that you have the required experience. Then after you submit the online application, forget about it. A few weeks after you've completely forgotten applying, you might hear from them. Take it as an exercise in following instructions and cultivating patience.