US Department of Veterans Affairs Program Support Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Program Support Assistant Interview Questions

2.3

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was conduct by panel of 3 people. The interview process started out with the question tell us about yourself and why you would want to work for the VA. Their questions were performance based. Each panel member asked 3 questions. The interview took 30 mins. Interview overall experience was great!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you had an upset customer; how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Tampa, FL).

Interview

They ask a series of pre-written questions. They are typically "tell us about a time you . . ." scenarios. There are no wrong answers, but they rate each answer to give you an overall score to compare with other candidates. Prepare yourself to explain times when something wasn't working well for you, you dealt with a difficult person, etc., and how you overcame it to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult person. How did you respond? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief bur telling. The supervisors or surrogates didnt really seem to want to know anything beneficial. They asked really superficial questions and didnt particularly seem interested in moving beyond that.

Program Support Assistant Interview

Interview

It was short and sweet. I believe they knew they already wanted to hire me they just wanted to meet me to make sure I matched my description in the resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions

• How often did you deal with customer service in your previous positions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

BASIC easy 5 interview questions.. All they do is a phone interview that takes about 20 mins. There isn't even an in person interview that is required. After the phone interview youll get a call about a week later letting you know if you got the position. Over all compared to other interview processes it was very easy. I mean I hate to say it but the VA def doesn't have the cream of the rop working for them.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations, how do you manage many tasks at once, describe a time where you had an upset customer and how did you handle the situation, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Program Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in August 2015.

Interview

This was a very lengthy process. By the time they called I thought that I was not even being considered for the position anymore. They do not keep people in the loop about their potential employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted package through USA Jobs and was emailed a vacancy referral about two weeks after the listing had closed. Another two weeks later, I was called and invited in for a face-to-face interview. Was told that my interview was going to be with two gentleman, but was actually three different people. Was asked a series of different PBI questions. I was prepared because I researched the interview process or the VA online prior to the interview. Was told a response could take 3-6 weeks from HR. Still waiting for tentative offer...

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult scenario you had with a coworker, where the co-worker was left feeling wronged. How did you handle the situation, what was the outcome and what would possibly do differently next time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the Administrative Officer to schedule an appointment. I was given the option to have an in-person or telephone interview. I chose to have an in-person interview. My interview was with the Medical Director and the Primary Investigator. The interview was not as structured as I would have expected. They asked me to tell them about myself..things that were not included on my Federal resume. They asked what I liked about my current job. They explained the position and asked if it sounded like something I would enjoy doing. They asked if i participated in office politics and gossip. Then asked if I had any questions. I asked a few more questions about the position, research project, and work environment. I sent thank-you emails to both interviewers when I got home. A week later, I received a phone call from HR requesting some additional information from me. 3 days later, I was offered the position and scheduled for new employee orientation.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult. I was just shocked at how informal the interview was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am not sure what would have been up for negotiation because I did not try to negotiate. I really wanted the job and was happy with the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (New Orleans, LA) in November 2011.

Interview

I first received an email asking if I was still interested in the position and if so, call the point of contact listed to schedule an interview. I called and had an interview set up within 1 week. There was a panel of 3 interviewers in 1 interview session. The interview took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How I would be a good addition to the team without specific prior experience in that line of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Melbourne, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Over the phone but direct questions related to customer support and working with veterans issues. The position requires you to:
    •Provided technical support to Consolidated Patient Account Center
    •Performed reviews of first party debt
    •Managed Treasury Offset Program
    •Maintained veteran personnel information database
    •Verify and confirm raw data integrity prior to use in formal administrative report
    •Counsel veterans

Interview Questions

• How to prioritize multiple aspects of your job   2 Answers