US Department of Veterans Affairs RN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs RN Interview Questions

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Tucson, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

First, I turned in a application with the nurse recruiter because the Southern VA Healthcare System works with paper applications (they do not really post their jobs online jobs other than med-surg or ICU/stepdown). About a week later, I was asked for an interview. I met with the nurse manager of the unit, and she ask situational questions and how I would handle each situation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Charleston, SC) in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple telephonic interviews with performance based questions. Each telephone interview was only 30 minutes and interviewer driven with little opportunity to present skills and how individual experience was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (San Diego, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

panel interview; members take turns asking questions then writing down the answers. the questions are performance based asking you to describe experiences. HR notifies you of the results via telephone and e-mail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Charleston, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Completed forms online, had a in person interview with 3 people, manager and 2 supervisors. They had a list of questions they took turns asking and then discussed the hiring process with me. The entire hiring process is quite lengthy, they said it would be 60-90 days after the interview before I heard back, and then I would need to contact someone in an undisclosed department to review the status of my interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had a patient with a Heparin drip, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Tucson, AZ) in February 2009.

Interview

Apply for position from outside on USAJOBS.gov. Will hear within a month if you "made the cut", then you may or may not get an interview offer within3-4 more months. Interview is by panel...base your answers on success in previous jobs...they see that as a sign you will be successful in the future.......Unless you are offered the position in the next 2-6 months, you never hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• Read up on Veteran Centered Care....emphasize care and compassion. DO NOT say you want to work there because of the benefits   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation....used to offer large sign on bonus and relocation $10,000 each....that is just for the top, top positions

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Completing paper application along with gathering the appropriate documents. After the postion announcement closed I contacted the hiring manager for an update. I was then invited to participate in an hiring fair. After filling out another paper application I was told to wait then immediately it was followed by an interview. They interview was with two managers who asked me to rate myself and my experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

interview process went smoothly. There was a panel of three nurses and they made me feel comfortable . The interview process was a total of one hour. One of the managers on the floor gave me a tour at the end of interview. It's been a month after the interview and I have yet to hear back from the company. I understand that it is a government run hospital so the process is lengthy.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

long process. tedious computer enteries. long wait for orientation. Had to go through multiple people. Two person interview with standardized questions ie. What did you do, not what you would do.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Boston, MA).

Interview

it was laid back with 3 nurses and the business manager. I was relaxed and actually had a good time. It was in one of the nursing offices and they gave me a tour after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

I was messaged by a recruiter to come and have a guaranteed interview at the job fair. I waited in line for 1 hour, gave them my resume and license, and sat for another 4 hours before they called my name and told me that they didn't want to interview me.

Interview Questions

US Department of Veterans Affairs Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Sorry that was your experience. I can not address the specific case, but I do know that career fairs can get very busy. If you are still interested, I encourage you to send your resume/ CV to vacareers@va.gov. We can connect you with a Nurse Recruiter. Please include the locations you are open to. Or better yet, go visit and meet the Nurse Recruiter at your local VAMC, just ask the info desk. DS