US Department of Veterans Affairs RN Staff Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs RN Staff Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Employee in North Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (North Decatur, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a lot longer than I thought. I had a interview with 2 managers and had to wait a year to get accepted thru background check up. You have to be patient to wait a long process. and Once you hired, orientation period is 2weeks for nurses. You have to have 3referrals including your current manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (West Haven, CT).

Interview

Very long,detailed application process. 3 people asked questions at the interview, taking turns. Had standard multiple part questions. Thought it went well and was told I would hear from them soon. Did not hear from anyone for weeks so I called recruiter and finally received an email about a week later. Then 2 months later
    Received official notice that I didn’t get job

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you, not in a management position, had an impact on the management of your unit   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Des Moines, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very challenging online application process, but once completed can pull data from this for future applications. I was called in for interview but then position was withdrawn. However, I did receive a Thank You E-mail from the ADN encouraging me to apply for other VA positions or that they would let me know if the position I applied for opened again.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation working with a difficult patient and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview went well, but the VA never gives anyone an offer at an interview. There is a very long period of time when they do background checks, reference checks, and other things to make sure you are right for them. After you check out, then they call you with an offer. And, you can only apply online

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I had my nursing rotation at the VA in my last year of nursing. When I graduated, they offered me a job. I don't remember the interview process.