KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

US Department of Veterans Affairs Social Worker Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 988 interviews

3.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Department of Veterans Affairs

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

Usually a minimum of 6 performance based interview questions with a small panel of 4 or more. Each person will ask a question. Questions call upon specific skill set or knowledge related to the job.

Interview Questions
  • Review PBI questions and answer all parts
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview

They use Performance Based Interview style questions for their social work interviews. They have a panel of social workers and do not provide much feedback after each question but are very kind and professional throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you and your supervisor disagreed on how to address a client issue.

What people are saying about US Department of Veterans Affairs

Join the conversation on

Federal, Government, and Public Sector

3m

a

Senior Consultant

Can someone provide suggestions on how to crack a Fed job in Canada in CS ( Computer Science) domain. I was interviewed for CS-02 level for Veterans Affairs Canada and even cleared all the interview rounds. But then they say you have been added to a pool. If there is a position available they will reach out. Then why would they post a job if the position is not available, just wasting everyone's time, considering how ridiculous the application process is for fed jobs.

3 Comments

Join the conversation on

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in Mar 2021

Interview

Panel interview PBI questions - 12 questions but felt like 36 with multiple part questions. Questions using acronyms used internally made it challenging for general public and other questions that are so job specific make it difficult for those looking to expand their knowledge and population base to grow.

Interview Questions
  • Are you familiar with VHA and VBA resources available to homeless veterans? Please provide us with 2 examples of how you coordinated services for veterans with the VHA and/ or VBA.
  • Could you please define Housing First. Do you agree with this philosophy? Why or why not. Walk us thru the HUD definition of homeless and chronically homeless.
7 people found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

I participated in an interview with 6 panelists . The questions were performance based so please write down the questions as it is important to answer all components. It is also beneficial for your response to be concise, comprehensive, and thorough.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time something did not go as planned? What was the outcome? What did you learn from this? What do you do differently now?

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied the day the job opened. Got the call to interview 9 days after close. Interviewed the next week. It's a panel interview where they take turns introducing themselves and what they do and asking a series of 8 Performance Based Interviewing questions. These can be found on the VA website for practice.

Interview Questions
  • Performance Based Interview Questions were asked. These can be found on the VA website.
4 people found this interview helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in Jan 2020

Interview

There was a panel of 3 staff that included a Chief of Social Work, Social Worker and a nurse. Each took turns asking standard questions which you are rated at.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Toledo, OH)

Interview

Very structured, with multi-part questions. Performance based. Was held in front of a panel of 4 individuals and lasted approximately 30-45 minutes. It was a difficult interview so I recommend preparing yourself as much as possible.

Interview Questions
  • What is one project you completed where you had to overcome obstacles?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Louisville, KY)

Interview

Performance Based interview, usually 3 or more person interview panel. Occassionally all will be supervisors looking to hire for different positions. It's not usually too stuffy, but I cant speak for executive level positions.

Interview Questions
  • All questions are performance based so be prepared with examples of times you worked hard, went above and beyond, dealt with difficult customers/clients, and thought outside of the box. Answers should demonstrate what the situation was, how you handled it and what the outcome was.
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Tampa, FL) in Feb 2019

Interview

Panel interview where about five people who think they may be important sit around and read standard questions from a sheet of paper. People seemed to be fairly dull and appeared to hate their job.

Interview Questions
  • How did you deal with a difficult situation at your current place of employment?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2019

Interview

Panel interview with a number of standard questions. Majority was performance based. I would be very much prepared with examples of cases you have worked on in the past, case conceptualization, process of how you handle conflict, and how you deliver bad news.

Interview Questions
  • Give us an example of a difficult case you had. What was your case conceptualization and treatment plan.
  • Give us an example of a time you disagreed or had conflict with a coworker, supervisor, or team. How did you handle it?
7 people found this interview helpful