US Department of Veterans Affairs Staff Pharmacist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Veterans Affairs Staff Pharmacist Interview Questions

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Albany, NY).

Interview

I don't think they expected to me to be so professional-I relocated from a very competitive environment.
Initial application involved extensive employment history with supervisory persons,employment dates and contact information.

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Interview consisted of around 20 behavioral based questions. The interviewers explained to me that they were the same questions being asked of all the candidates. I now know this to be true after being asked to sit in on another interview later in my time at the VA. The candidates are rated on the questions based on a scale from 1 to 5. The candidates with the highest scores are then selected to considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Anything that has a followup of what would you do differently.   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Interview

Initial application is long. If you pass the initial evaluation, you will be narrowed to select canidates. You will then be interviewed by Supervisor, clinical staff, and/or other staff Pharmacists

Interview Questions

• Most questions are background experience and scenario based answers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Columbia, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview by several managers; Out-Patient Supervisor, In-Patient Supervisor, Chief of the Pharmacy. Took about one hour. If I couldn't come up with specific answer, I would ask to come back to the question and they were very gracious and understanding. Much better than the interview at the VA hospital pharmacy in New Haven, CT where I had to face a firing squad of about 7 angry people.

Interview Questions

• Performance based interview questions. Tell us of a time when...   1 Answer