US Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received email that my resume was being forwarded to the hiring panel. This email arrived about two weeks after I submitted the application. I received an interview about 3 months later. I was offered the job by phone about a week later.

Interview Questions

• I had a panel interview of 3 people and there were 3 interview questions. I remember one of them asking me about a time I made a mistake and what I learned from it. I was also required to perform a writing sample. I was given the acronym ICARE and asked to pick one of the letters and write about what it means to me. I chose the letter "R", which stood for "respect" and wrote a page on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was provided an offer and I accepted it.

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Put into position by as a veteran getting work under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). Went through the standard couple of days on how to conduct business on the job.

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

If you are a veteran you are pretty much a shoe in. Interview is quite straight forward, no unexpected questions. Just do the normal.. answer question with experience.

Interview Questions

• none: but this job is horrible. You are treated as a number, not a person. They don't give a crap about you. HR is pretty much useless.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tell you what you will get.. you have to pull teeth to get higher.

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Apply online via USAJobs. Typicl interview questions for almost all VA positions. Performance/Behavioral based questions - example give me an example of a time you....what was the result...what would you have improved...

Interview Questions

• Asked to provide a time you failed and what you could do better next time. Odd question to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation. You take what they offer or they'll give it to someone else. Period.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2010.

Interview

Submit an online application and be sure to pay attention to the KSA questions, if you dont use key words that were in the question in your answer your application can get rejected by the computer.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that your current employer, or former could say you didnt do well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took about 6 months, very back and forth because the government had to find funds.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Getting an interview is the hardest part. The interview process itself is very easy.Management asks very basic questions that are easy to answer. I sat in a room with two managers that asked me what my strengths were and times that i had a conflict at work, etc. I think I was only there for about 20 minutes. I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Short, interviewers uninterested. Cattle call. Nothing more to say. Having people fulfill a 50 word minimum is silly and arbitrary but whatever. The interview was boring, It was a cattle call.

Interview Questions

• Would you go against policy if you felt it was morally wrong?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, gov't jobs are set

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Waco, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Skills and Performance Based Questions; Panel Interview. Be prepared to provide specific examples of your leadership skills, contribution to process improvement and implementation, professional strengths/weakness, conflict resolution and how you embrace and practice the VA core principles of ICARE in performing your duties.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to follow laws/regulations/case precedents even if they differ from your personal principals, values and belief systems?   1 Answer
    • Provide a personally experienced workplace conflict and how you were able or unable to resolve the matter.   Answer Question
    • Briefly tell me your professional strengths and weakness.   Answer Question

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Interview

Had absolutely no interview whatsoever. Received a telephone call to start work at 8am. I asked for an email stating what was said in the phone call and I received an email describing my pay and the position. They would literally hire you if you had a pulse. I think they are interviewing people now but in reality for this position a test of computer skills and legal/rule comprehension would be more beneficial.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview with two interviewers. Approx 20 minutes. They introduced themselves, described the position and allowed me to introduce myself and explain why I would be a good fit. Then five interview questions, very standard. I was then provided a bulletted list of a claims process and told to write a summary of the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you disagreed with something at work, how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have not been offered the job yet, but I am required to choose something to fill out this form.