US Department of the Interior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.6

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Interview

The interview process was not difficult at all the staff were all very kind and accommodating. My interviewer who was the legal specialist asked me a bit about myself as standard interviewers do, and asked why I am interested in the position, how does my experience relate to the job, and why am I excited about working in the legal field.

Park Ranger Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior.

Interview

You are asked about your previous work experience, as well as how you handle day-to-day situations that can be stressful in nature. As long as you have experience dealing with a high volume of people and are able to keep your cool and professional at all times, then you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life that you had to overcome an obstacle   Answer Question

Pathways Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty chill. Just describe why you want the job. The people are really relaxed and excited to meet you so just mimic that and you'll be fine. They asked about my work experience and if I had experience using excel, etc.

Pathways Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior in February 2015.

Interview

very simple phone interview, conversational in nature. They just asked more about my qualifications, why I wanted to work in natural resources, and what I could offer the office. The placement process took over a month once I was accepted and the security clearance process was also lengthy.

Interview Questions

• What about the Department of the Interior mission interests you?   Answer Question

Writer-Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior.

Interview

I applied using USAjobs, and was emailed a few weeks later. After several emails of verification, the hiring manager called me to discuss the position and set up a formal telephone interview. A week later, I interviewed over the phone for a panel of three hiring managers in the Bureau of Land Management.

The questions were very standard, and should not have been surprising for someone with adequate business communications experience or skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize two projects which are simultaneously due by the end of the day. There is no way to complete both projects.   1 Answer

Interview

Took over 4 months. I applied on usajobs.com, had an email that my resume was being forwarded to the hiring manager, was contact by the current boss in June, started in August.

Interview Questions

• I didn't attend an interview, I actually sat in on their group meeting and was asked if I had any questions at the end. I obviously had a lot since I had never been there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Worked with the office in Albuquerque to settle salary, etc.

Regional Environmental Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was easy and simple. I applied through my college job board and was contacted about an interview. The current interns asked me standard interview questions and I was offered the internship. There was a lengthy background check that had to be done since it is a government position.

Interview Questions

• What Can You Do for Us That Other Candidates Can't?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via email notifying me that I was selected for an interview. Two weeks later I was contacted by phone to set up an interview. Two weeks later I interviewed over the phone for about an hour. They offered the phone interview for out of town or state candidates. After two weeks I received an offer letter. Within two weeks I provided my college transcripts, but it took HR another six weeks to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience using PRISM.   1 Answer

Supervisory Attorney-Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial contact about interview was via e-mail. Setting up the interview was easy. Interviewed by two senior attorneys in the Solicitor's Office. One Interview. Most senior attorney had to leave in the middle of the interview. Both were pleasant. Interview went well. Questions were fairly standard. Atmosphere of the organization was professional, but relaxed. Seemed like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• As usual, being asked to discuss weaknesses. Wanted to know specific examples and how they impacted job performance.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

As far as the interview process goes, it was pretty straight-forward, especially for a government agency. However, after my first interview, which seemed to go very well, I never heard back from anyone. Just tell me if I wasn't a good candidate at least! I

Interview Questions

• The questions were taken directly off the job announcement. Nothing too strenuous.   Answer Question