US Foods Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

1.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

It took a minute to get a call back but once I was called everything else happened pretty quickly. I was called and asked if I could attend an interview the next day. Once there I waited with 4 other people while HR got themselves together which took longer than expected. We were taken into a room and given a few papers and some basic information about the company and the job. We were told we would be job shadowing that day but that did not happen. After talking with HR we were taken back one by one by the interviewer. Definitely wasn't a typical interview and I have a feeling they were just going through the motions and were already planning to hire us lol. I wasn't really asked much. Since I was the last one interviewed I didn't leave until around 7 or 8pm, I arrived at 4pm. I would suggest that HR and the interviewer communicate because the process HR described to us was different from what actually happened.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

I am writing this, because of a lot of reviews do not have details I was looking for. While I was waiting with my fingers crossed if i got the job or not. I truly hopes this helps you. And gives you a timeframe to go by.

I applied via USFoods website on Nov 23.

Recieved email Nov 28 for better description of job. And a short Video.

Recieved Email Nov 29th with a variety of days and times to set up Interview.

I selected December 5.

It was a evening time interview. They said to schedule 2 hours for. Ours went 3 hours.

It was me and 2 other gentlemen. I was not informed it was going to be group interview.

First manager comes in and gets a feel for us and our backgrounds. Believe he was dayshift.

Second manager comes in. He has a basic interview sheet with questions for all three of us to answer. (I didnt care for this format because of the ability to copy.)

I volunteered to answer questions first. I took initiative ,And midway thru it, could tell the other two were copying answers. Manager caught it as well, and pointed it out.

Laid back atmosphere. Manager did a great job setting off the stress of the interview process.

Next we are taken into a room to watch 4 short videos. (1 of them was the original they emailed you).
    Next he had us put on steel toe clip ons. To walk the floor. In dry, refrigerated, and freezer. (He was doing this to see each of our reactions. No warning before interview of going into freezer. Its -10 degres. But, I had worn a long sleave under my polo shirt). I guessed that with them doing a 2 hour interview process it would include a tour. Even thou ours ran 3 hours.

After the walk thru, we were informed we would hear from them in a week. (I asked).

That was a Monday. I didnt wait long. I was emailed Thursday and called to be informed I was getting a offer. I had to log in, and consent to a background check.

They use "HireRight". Not the best, considering reputation. Form asked for social, addresss of past 3 years, and criminal history 7 years. Filled that out.

Next day, Friday...(still in same week as my interview), I was emailed a drug test request thru Labcorp. Gave me til "13th" to complete. So I could have waited until Tuesday.

I did not wait. I went and had drug test, within a hour of getting email.

Since I did Background on Thursday, Drug test(urine) on friday. Figured it would be Monday before I would hear anything.

Important note: Backgrounds are different for everyone. So really depends on what they request of the company to check. On how long it takes.

I believe with mine. It was just a criminal check. And that they had done employment and education, before they offered interview. This is a guess.

I was Emailed Monday. 1 week from my interview. With confirmation of the job. Had to fill out a few forms ... I9,attendence,benefits

Informed I would have orientation the following Sunday. And the next Monday would be my start date.

I got extremely lucky, with how fast it went. I applied Nov 23rd. Recieved confirmation of getting the job. Dec 12. With a orientation on Dec 18. Start date of Dec 19.

I hope I answered any questions you had about the interview(hire) process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Nothing difficult. Mostly about experience and safety.   Answer Question

Order Selecter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

Very Easy. Now, I know why. I had the job before I entered the interview. Management needs alot of improvement. I know that my job is secured & that if I can handle this harassment.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Foods (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

It was a one on one with the transportation manager. It doesn't take a medical degree to do the job. Common sense and work ethic is all that it takes to get the job and be successful at this place. Basic simple questions. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine what being the best is?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Chef Store Charlotte Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with phone interview with recruiter, and then phone interview with District Manager. Set up face to face interview with DM at store. DM interviewed me on the sales floor, while walking around store. It felt like he had no interest in interviewing me. Just couldn't understand why he even scheduled a face to face interview. I was told he would contact me within a week with a decision, never heard back from him or anyone. Very unprofessional company, would not recommend to anyone.

Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Foods (Charlotte, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

You get a call to come in take an assessment, pass it, background, pass it , physical and ppee test. A week or two for the whole process.