US Foods Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Load Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

I had a phone interview and they never had the courtesy to update me or respond to my emails. Granted I might not have been their first choice but at least reply to emails and tell a candidate if he's been chosen or not

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Horrible. Passed the HR phone screen, and then one week later I was contacted for a second phone interview with three Senior managers. I was told to use Skype but their company business Skype was blocked by the firewall. Wasted the time testing it out.

During the phone interview, I felt interrogated and was accused of being book smart. The interviewers were unprofessional and challenging the applicant's experience. This is a rare encounter to me as most employers will not want to represent the company badly.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter read my resume to me over the phone and consistently made errors in translating my experience. She claimed to be a consultant who is very experienced at recruiting. After 30 minutes of talking about herself, she told me that she didn't think they would hire me because I have had too many jobs.

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Had the initial call with the HR Recruiter. Couple days later, she emailed me back to say they want to do an in person interview. Met with 4 managers. Pretty straightforward interview. Went through resume and asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Macros?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Process consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter and a face to face interview with the hiring manager and a colleague. Easy interview with nothing unexpected.

Less than one week after the interview I received an email from a different recruiter than I initially dealt with telling me that the job posting was being cancelled but that they would consider me the same role in the future when they were ready to fill it. Through an inside source I found out that the reason the opening was cancelled was that the company decided to eliminate the hiring manager’s position and busted him down into the position that they were interviewing for thus eliminating the need to hire someone. How could they not have known less than one week prior to my interview that this was the plan? Yet they still wasted my time asking me to come in for an interview fully knowing that they had no intention of filling the position. Then to cap it all off they reposted the position 3 weeks later to fill the exact same role (second person on the same team) and started the recruiting process all over again. Despite telling me that they would consider me for the role again I never heard from them. These guys are extremely dishonest; don’t waste your time.

IT BA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Specific behavioral questions.
    Nothing technical and only pertaining to the things mentioned in the description and online description of the job. Had two rounds which lasted for 45 mins each

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview...had one the next day (a Friday) and was offered the position the following Monday. The two that interviewed me were VERY nice and made me feel very comfortable. Great experience (especially coming from someone who gets nervous during interviews)

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experience prepares you for this role?   Answer Question

Category Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later. Spoke with a internal recruiter for about an hour and was told I would hear from them in the week. Actually heard from them next day and set a time to go in and interview. Interview was at first scheduled with 3 managers. One had to pull out at last minute, but the other two were very nice. They asked a lot of standard questions. We talked about scenario's, my past employment opportunities and what had led me to US Foods. Overall, it was a very enjoyable process. I was confident that I was easily qualified for the position and by the end of the interview, I knew I would get an offer. They wanted me to meet a few more people, but it was later in the day and they were all in meetings. HR called me the next day and I actually set up a phone interview with another manager. This guy was great. Talked with him for over an hour and was really informal. He let me know I was already in consideration, but he wanted to get a feel for me. So we talked about all kinds of stuff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed to meet a customers deadline and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were very positive and nice people. They asked questions about my resume and asked how my past experiences make me a good fit for US foods. The first interview was more behavior based, while the second interview was more in depth on skills and possible work situations.

Interview Questions

• How do your past experiences make you a good fit for this role at US Foods?   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with very positive people. Went into great depth and asked to explain reason for leaving current position. I was also asked to explain what I could bring to benefit US foods and what my past experience involved. They took their time and interviewed me then followed up with answers to my questions. I felt that my questions were all answered completely unfortunately this role was not a good fit for me is this time. I felt that my questions were all answered completely unfortunately this role was not a good fit for me is this