US Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

Truck/Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Foods (Norcross, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Smooth very informal. The interview process was a more of a personality check to see what type of person you were. Then came the road test. I have a CDL but I only drove an automatic with my previous company, I had a little training on the stick but not much. On the road test he could tell but he kept saying you're trainable so after the test he offered me the postion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiate and he was able to offer me more then what I was expecting.

Night Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Foods (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applie on a Wednesday. Received a call the next night to come in for an interview. Was walked through the warehouse and shown what I would be doing on a daily basis. Went to the office after the tour and answered basic interview questions about work history and ability to handle woekload.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with a supervisor and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a safety incident and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting pay is 13.87. Goes up to 21.65 immediately after you hit 100% productivity. All the way up to 24.67 with incentive bonuses.

Order Selecter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

Very Easy. Now, I know why. I had the job before I entered the interview. Management needs alot of improvement. I know that my job is secured & that if I can handle this harassment.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Fishers, IN).

Interview

I first got a call from an inside recruiter and it was a scanning type call. She was nice and asked a few questions about why I felt that I was fit to fill the role etc.
    she then told me that she would like to schedule me for a panel interview. I agreed and she said further emails will be sent for day, time, location etc.
    I got an email a day later with day and time but no location. When I replied asking about location the person was out of office.
    I finally got through to someone the day before the interview to finalize location and that I would be meeting 3 individuals that seemed to go up the chain of command.
    Upon arrival at the location I was told that 2 of the folks didn't make it and also didn't call in. So it was a 1:1 interview. The gentleman doing the interview asked basic questions but then turned and started making snide comments about my past work experience.
    When I left the interview he made it clear that he wanted to further our discussion.

I followed up with them multiple times with zero reply. 4 weeks went by and I sent a complaint email to the recruiter. That afternoon I got a rejection email.

Not organized and it was a red flag to me that I didn't want to work for this area if they did not have simple organization practices in place.

Interview Questions

• What is the size of accounts that you managed from a revenue standpoint?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard interview with district managers, regional manager, sales manager, and human resources. Took about four hours. All nice and easy to talk to. Expect behavior based questions and be knowledgeable about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you failed at and how it affected you.   1 Answer

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were very positive and nice people. They asked questions about my resume and asked how my past experiences make me a good fit for US foods. The first interview was more behavior based, while the second interview was more in depth on skills and possible work situations.

Interview Questions

• How do your past experiences make you a good fit for this role at US Foods?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Burlington, VT) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position and then made a trip down to district offices to meet with managers on three separate occasions. All interviews were fun and allowed me to have insight into what it means to be professional

Interview Questions

• Do you believe there is life in this universe besides earth?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Foods (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Usually 2 people ask various questions about your experience and skills for the job interviewing. They ask how you handle different situations and ask for examples to which you would give them the best answer possible given you've experienced the situation prior.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from HR to come in to interview the following week. Spoke to 4 people in separate interviews. They all asked basic questions, nothing too difficult or technical, more about my background and skills.
    I was turned off by their general attitudes towards the specific position and company. It didn't seem like there was a clear plan at the company. They just said I would come in, perform the job, and hope to move on in 1-3 years either at the company or another company. There was a recent change in management, but they did not communicate how the role would change or that they even knew what the role would look like once I was hired. Overall a large amount of uncertainty and unorganization, and they did not sell me on the benefits of the company or department very well. Plus a few of the interviewers complained about management and burdensome procedures they do during the interview, which was a red flag.

Non-Foods Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and the next day I received a phone-screen call and was asked to come in for an interview the next week. Very quick. During the interview I was told it would be at least 2 weeks before I heard back. 2 days after the interview I saw an updated posting for the same job online changing the requirements for the position. I heard back 3 days after that saying I wasn't qualified.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you dealt with this customer.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any culinary experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me one of your weaknesses? How do you overcome this?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with using reporting based computer apps?   Answer Question