US Foods Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Norwich, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Called by HR to schedule an interview with VP. He was cold throughout the interview. Negative and accusatory throughout the questioning. Not someone I would want to work for. I declined to go further in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here?
    Seriously this was the first question asked in the most negative way possible.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Foods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Called me after I applied for a face to face interview. Ask pointed questions about what you would do in certain scenarios. They asked about my background and why it would translate well to a sales position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when walking into a restaurant without an account with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Foods (Port Orange, FL).

Interview

very easy basic questions ultimate decision is left to district manager i interviewed first with district manager then the regional manager and then the vp of sales and the trainer. vp and trainer were a bit intimidating but over all very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• what did you think about the website?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Foods in December 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call message on a Friday at 5 pm from HR to arrive on Tuesday; no request if the appointment time was appropriate for me. I arrived prepared and early, two managers came late. Only one really asked questions, disappointed that my layers of sales experience and years of education were not addressed. Interview was basic, nothing was mentioned of the compensation or how one is paid, but the manager did emphasize the amount of after hours, driving time, and weekend work required, including that it was mentioned that "after Church" on Sundays, work was to commence. Very male oriented sales team, women situated in secretarial jobs. I had been interviewed three times in four months for three different sales jobs with no offer. It appeared to me that they were filling in the HR interviewing requirements for positions posted by just calling me in with no intent on hiring. They said they would get back to me either way on their decision within a particular time frame, that in fact did not happen.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what "Salesforce" software program is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard interview with district managers, regional manager, sales manager, and human resources. Took about four hours. All nice and easy to talk to. Expect behavior based questions and be knowledgeable about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you failed at and how it affected you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Cleveland, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

After initial phone interview with a member of Human Resources Department, I then had two separate interviews with two different District Sales Managers as well as one final interview with the Local Sales VP

Interview Questions

• What is your customers service experience like? How do you view your ability to interact with customers as well as with new prospective clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Foods (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

In depth, professional, straight forward, relaxed, courteous, intense. This was my second offer in two years from this company, & the second time they were more persistent and open to negotiate then previously.
    Ultimately I accepted this offer because they went the extra mile in their pursuit.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

When I interviewed the management was totally different. Therefore the process will now be different. I had heard the process was now more intense with you needing to know company background and what they offered

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Spoke to numerous people from trainer to executives. Very comfortable. The interview process took awhile due to they were not hiring immediately when I was looking for to join them. They called as soon as they had an opening and then started the process. I spoke to my trainer to be, I spoke to the human resources depart,net, I spoke to VP of sales and numerous others. I received a tour of the facilities and training rooms.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation easy. I told them what I required to start and they agreed. This is a 100% commission career so initial salary is important but you have to build sales quick to live up to that salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Norfolk, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with regional sales manager at a restaurant/hotel in the territory I was interviewing for. Second interview came weeks later at the corporate location in Zebulon, NC with VP of sales, HR Director, Director of Sales support. First interview was with 4 employees locally. Second interview required travel and was one on one with each member of Admin.