US Foods Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Foods Territory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.8

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Foods in December 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call message on a Friday at 5 pm from HR to arrive on Tuesday; no request if the appointment time was appropriate for me. I arrived prepared and early, two managers came late. Only one really asked questions, disappointed that my layers of sales experience and years of education were not addressed. Interview was basic, nothing was mentioned of the compensation or how one is paid, but the manager did emphasize the amount of after hours, driving time, and weekend work required, including that it was mentioned that "after Church" on Sundays, work was to commence. Very male oriented sales team, women situated in secretarial jobs. I had been interviewed three times in four months for three different sales jobs with no offer. It appeared to me that they were filling in the HR interviewing requirements for positions posted by just calling me in with no intent on hiring. They said they would get back to me either way on their decision within a particular time frame, that in fact did not happen.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what "Salesforce" software program is?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Foods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard interview with district managers, regional manager, sales manager, and human resources. Took about four hours. All nice and easy to talk to. Expect behavior based questions and be knowledgeable about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you failed at and how it affected you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Foods (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

In depth, professional, straight forward, relaxed, courteous, intense. This was my second offer in two years from this company, & the second time they were more persistent and open to negotiate then previously.
    Ultimately I accepted this offer because they went the extra mile in their pursuit.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

When I interviewed the management was totally different. Therefore the process will now be different. I had heard the process was now more intense with you needing to know company background and what they offered

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Spoke to numerous people from trainer to executives. Very comfortable. The interview process took awhile due to they were not hiring immediately when I was looking for to join them. They called as soon as they had an opening and then started the process. I spoke to my trainer to be, I spoke to the human resources depart,net, I spoke to VP of sales and numerous others. I received a tour of the facilities and training rooms.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation easy. I told them what I required to start and they agreed. This is a 100% commission career so initial salary is important but you have to build sales quick to live up to that salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Norfolk, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with regional sales manager at a restaurant/hotel in the territory I was interviewing for. Second interview came weeks later at the corporate location in Zebulon, NC with VP of sales, HR Director, Director of Sales support. First interview was with 4 employees locally. Second interview required travel and was one on one with each member of Admin.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Foods (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Many Interviews, no less than 4. Had to do a presentation to a group. Had 3 other one on one interviews with different people within the company. The time between interviews was LONG...

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate, their offer was very fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Island, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Foods (Rock Island, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Great interview process. Very thorough. Asked many question by 3 members of management. Great interview and left feeling very good about the process. Be prepared to answer many questions and one after another. Be truthful about your answers and upfront about everything. I feel it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What home appliance would I be   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Foods in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely casual at a local restaurant. The interviewer seemed rushed & disengaged from the beginning. The major interest seemed to be in who I already know and might be able to bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What is more important, quality, price or service?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

Very relaxed. Conversation Style interview with the hiring manager and the VP of sales. They took a long time in between interviews to set up the next one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, they made an offer after I stipulated my previous base salary. It matched that salary