Want a Free Job Posting?

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Washington, DC) in July 2010.

Applied via usajobs.gov with the typical questionnaire. I got two automated emails from the HR system and then a very nice email from the hiring manager. The manager interviewed one-on-one, plus he had one of his staff members present. The staffer was mostly disengaged and dead weight to the interview. The interveiw was conversational with a few particular questions of interest. They allowed time for me to ask all the questions I wanted. Answers and discussion seemed candid. Interview was 90 minutes. I felt very positive leaving the interview. Note: arrive early for airport style screening which does not move along very quickly!

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working in an environment where there are few or no existing tools?   1 Answer

Offer was at the bottom of the available salary range. Responsibilities and expectations set in the interview matched my market value (e.g. current salary and recent offers) but were far more grandiose than associated offer. The attitude of the hiring manager after the interview was pleasant. He seemed to have other candidates he felt would take such an offer.