US Marine Corps Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Marine Corps Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.4

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Based off of everything that I've done in my life for school and employment. They viewed my grades and character while giving me tests both physically and mentally. Checking medical records

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Marine Corps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Quantico, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Placement is based on the needs of the organization. When they match your personal needs, great. If they don't, you are usually required to move to a new location.

Interview Questions

• Desired position and location.   1 Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

I was called due to good ASVAB scores. I was eligible for any job I wanted. Since I was looking to leave right after high school, I was too young to be and MP. I said that I wanted to do James Bond stuff. The recruiter led me to the intelligence field. I have been doing it ever since. He was also not pushy.

Interview Questions

• What type of job interests you? What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Saint Joseph, MO) in November 2012.

Interview

Very strict standards. Must meet all or usually disqualified especially with draw down. Some things are able to get a waiver for. They will have you answer some basic screening questions over the phone. If eligible they will meet one on one. You will go over medical history and do a background check. They will also have you do the ASVAB test to see what jobs you qualify for. Then from there you pick your field, MOS, or go in as open contract and ship to bootcamp. Interview was easy and the recruiters will help in any way they can to get you into the job you want.

Interview Questions

• Drug use? Tattoos? Injuries? Felonies? Debt?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation. The only thing you can argue is what job you want in the Marine Corps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Gurnee, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

There is no interview. You talk to a recruiter, if it's open, you can get it, if it's not, you can wait. Be careful in the recruiting process however, you can negotiate for a signing bonus.

Interview Questions

• Are you mentally stable, with a clean police record?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview for entry in the Marine Corps via Recruiter. Recruiter will begin an interview process finding out your strengths/ weaknesses and reflect that on a list of required billets needing to be filled. Depending on the needs of the Marine Corps; you may/ may not get your first choice. You can always work with the recruiter to identify a career in the Marine Corps that will work for you; it just takes time and patience to find an opening for you.

Interview Questions

• Why choose the Marine Corps?
      What interests you in the Marine Corps?
      Where do you see yourself in the future?
      What opportunities would you like take advantage of?
      What are some alternatives you are considering?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

they will sign up a pig if it can write an x on the paper. so good luck. you will be asked how stupid you are in a complex way. they will say are you ready to join the marines?

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

I walked in they shook my hand and asked me to sit down. Then they pulled out these cards that had words on them and asked me which ones I was most interested in. I chose Travel, Leadership, and Integrity. The recruited then stated that I would get the opportunity to do or learn all of the cards that I picked. The recruiter then asked me if I had done anything illegal and what my goals for the future were. I was also tested with my physical fitness to ensure I could meet all the demands of the job. Overall, it was a very thorough and demanding interview. However, I left that office believing that I would have great opportunities in enlisting into the Marine Corps.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done drugs?
      Have you ever been a member to a gang?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Salisbury, MD) in November 2009.

Interview

In order to be recruited into the Marine Corps, you must first meet with a recruiter in your local area. A test will be administered, ASVAB, which will determine your potential job opportunities while in the Marine Corps. There is much documentation to filled out and then a physical to ensure there are no issues that would prevent you from completing your contract. Once completed and all is good to go, then you will receive a ship date and head off to bootcamp.

Interview Questions

• Physical fitness and maintaining the appropriate height and weight standards.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none in the Marine Corps

Anonymous Employee in Bessemer, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Bessemer, AL) in October 2009.

Interview

Recruitment seems like a winnowing out process, but is really designed to make sure you can meet the minimum intellectual standards and are physically fit. Additionally, due to force-reduction, the speed with which you can get a slot to boot camp has been significantly reduced. You should expect to spend some months in the Delayed Entry Program, and have a temporary job lined up.

Boot Camp sucks. There is no way around it. You are going to get yelled at and forced to put your body through all the painful things that angry, bitter, Drill Instructors with wicked senses of humor and nothing better to do can think of to do with you. The quickest way out, though, is to graduate. Try not to stick out and you will be just fine.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to list what is most important to you. This is so they can sell you. Do your own research and walk in there knowing what MOS you want.   1 Answer
    • They will expect a demonstration of physical fitness. I have a friend who is a recruiter who said as of the Winter of 2012 they weren't sending anyone to Boot Camp until they had 5 pullups. Local experience may vary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for anything except MOS and whether or not you deserve a signing bonus. Also, recruiters have the ability to make you a PFC straight out of the gate. If you have any college experience, make sure you angle for this.