US Marine Corps E-5 Marine Sergeant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Marine Corps E-5 Marine Sergeant Interview Questions

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

A recruiter will either approach you or vice versa. You will agree to meet, assuming you have any interest in the military. Upon your meeting the recruiter will ask you what traits (of specific traits given) interest you most of the military. After you elaborate more on why those traits you chose are what you chose, the recruiter will decide if you are fit for this organization. If you make it past this point you will be drug tested, tested on your physical fitness, and your vocational aptitude. After this you are then sent to a military entrance processing station (MEPS) for further review. Finally you would swear in and then ship off to basic training (bootcamp).

Interview Questions

• What traits interest you most about the Marine Corps?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Marine Corps

Anonymous Employee in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Winter Haven, FL).

Interview

Lengthy, heavily worded, and pushy. It was a recruitment. They were begging for new joins back then. Recruiters will lie and tell you what you want to hear to me their quota.

Interview Questions

• Many questions, but really looking to answer questions from the applicant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nope

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

One on one interview with a Marine recruiter where you get tested academically and have to be mentally fit and within physical standards in order to qualify. I had to attend weekly poole functions such as meetings with other pooles and excercises.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a Marine?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gold Camp, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Gold Camp, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

When interviewing for the job of a Marine Sergeant, it is a board interview. They ask you many questions covering a broad expense of topics. You must be competent in general Marine Corps knowledge, as well as a subject matter expert in your own personal career field. Your appearance and bearing are key throughout this process.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Spokane, WA).

Interview

Will take you as long as you're not a criminal. Have to take ASVAB and had either GED or high school diploma. Will enter into the DEP until you are set to leave for boot camp. Do not get to specify exact job unless joining the reserves.

Negotiation

5k signing bonus in 2006

E5 - Marines - Sergeant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Find a recruiter online and he'll do the rest. unless you are a horrible person you'll get in. most kids are teenagers that apply so they don't have crazy records.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Is that a bad thing? Well, that depends on your reasons for considering a military enlistment. If you have a strong desire to kill the enemy, the Marine Corps is for you because that is what the Marines do. Either you want that or you don’t, plain and simple. If you simply want a challenge, any other branch of the military will provide you with plenty of opportunities to test yourself. Army Rangers and Green Berets, Air Force Pararescue Jumpers, and the Navy Seals all offer extreme physical and mental challenges outside of the Marine Corps. So if you are considering joining the Marine Corps, think long and hard about what that means before going to a recruiter and signing up.”   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Recruitment process was a breeze. Recruiter did everything and more to get any document needed to get me in the military. The recruiter also answered all my questions to the best of their abilities and explained the values and culture of the organization to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Marine.   1 Answer

E5 - Marines - Sergeant Interview

Interview

Went on a oral board and was meritoursly promoted to E4. The I reenlisted, after a year and a half, I was promoted to the rank of sergeant.

E5 - Marines - Sergeant Interview

Interview

Lots of opportunities. Get in writing the specific job you would like.

Interview Questions

• Are you gay? You will be asked. If you are, reconsider entering an organization that doesn't fully support. Im not but I understand that it can be difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.