US Marine Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.4

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview involved lots of heavy packs, marching around, and being yelled at. The food was okay, but not much time was given to eat it. Accommodations were sub-par, I contracted all sorts of weird illnesses while staying there.

GSE Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

They question you about you doing drugs, or talk about your past to try to see if you got any dirt on you before you get to boot camp because if you have done drugs or have the wrong tattoos or got in trouble in the past you need a waiver.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Quantico, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Rough, NROTC, OCS, TBS, long hot summers. If you are wanting this, you train up to it. There is no substitute for Marine Corps leadership. You either have it or you don't. Some slip past but they won't receive very high visibility MOS's. Interviews start where the officer candidate is being molded by a senior enlisted professional. If he/she believes you cold lead him/her after 6 or 10 weeks, then you pass.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be a Marine Officer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Quantico, VA).

Interview

Complete a four year degree. Commission from either the Naval Academy or Officer Candidate School. Attend a six month officer development course. Submit selection as an infantry officer. Based on performance, get selected. Attend a 10-13 week course.

Negotiation

There was none

US Military Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Quantico, VA).

Interview

Ten weeks of grueling training, sleep deprivation, stress, extreme physical exertion, exposure to the elements, denial of basic freedoms, loss of privacy, constant evaluation, peer evaluation, leadership, overcoming fears, mediocre food, austere living conditions, minimal entertainment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have what it takes to lead Marines   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

No real interview process. Be a great Marine. Show your motivation and initiative. Show case your leadership abilities. Be great at PFT. It pays to network and be liked by your seniors.

There are Marines I served my whole five years with. I made it to Sergeant, and became an Infantry Squad Leader. They made it to Lance Corporal, and never placed in leadership position. Why? They failed the interview process...

Interview Questions

• They don't ask you questions. You are judged by your leadership abilities.   Answer Question

Logistics Chief Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

In depth multi-level personal interview process from senior leadership to base compatibility for position. First paperwork was screened then in-person interview was held with senior enlisted and the officer in charge.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you have shown superior leadership while performing under extreme pressure with limited resources. Please use recent examples and accomplishments are welcome.   1 Answer
    • If chosen how can you benefit our unit the most as the Logistics Chief?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

The "interview" process for the Marine Corps is radically different than any other job. It begins when you walk into the recruiting station, and ends when you leave either Parris Island, SC or MCRD San Diego. To begin with, the recruiter had me place my interests in why I wanted to join. Several weeks later, during which time paperwork was processed, I was taken to do a health screening and Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery exam. Following this i was offered a contract and a date to go to Boot Camp at Parris Island. This began the next and most crucial phase of the "interview" in which I and many others were put to the test daily for 13 weeks in order to make us into Marines. For reference see myriad movies dealing with boot camp. Upon successful completion of boot camp I was sent to further training in my job field. During this training I and my peers were evaluated consistently to document aptitude and progress. upon successful completion of these phases I was able to join my unit as a United States Marine with training in a specific job field.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Marine?   1 Answer

Marine Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Charleston, SC) in July 2012.

Interview

Extremely long, painful and tiring. Constant screaming and running. You will not sleep for an entire night for 3 months. Once the entire process was over the feeling you get is overwhelming. I saw my family and almost cried

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the marine corps   1 Answer

Motor Transport Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

It was long and very intense, you had to get recruited which took a long time. Go through a long virgorus process to get selected to become a marine. It was not fun honestly. I didn't like the marine corps at all. Only good thing out of it was the benefits otherwise have fun putting up with a lot of stress on the daily. I mean a lot of stress

Interview Questions

• Did you ever smoke marijuana   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very long and grueling