US Marine Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Marine Corps Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.4

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

You have to stand a board and compete against your peers for promotion to this job and it is based largely off of your performance evaluations, which are called Fitness Reports.

Interview Questions

• By this point you really should be prepared for any kind of question that deals with tactical decision making in any situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interview

There is no interview process. As long as you pass a physical/mental/ drug exam, then you are good to go. You must also pass the ASVAB so don't blow it off in High School.

Negotiation

There was none.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

There isn't an interview. There is a Medical process, back ground check. This isn't Vietnam, your not gonna get in with neck tattoos and a felony. drug tests all the way till you get out. must not be physically handicapped. Must take ASVAB to get in. Practice it, take it multiple times, as this will generate better MOS (jobs in the Marine Corps.)

Interview Questions

• Are you willing not to see your family for long periods of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

BASE PAY..... and Benefits

E-5 Marine Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Find a recruiter, say "i want to be a Marine" pick the clips that make you want to join. No drugs, domestic violence, felonies, have a high school diploma.

Interview Questions

• Stand on the yellow foot prints and do exactly as the nice man in the hat tells you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, Federal pay scale.

Interview

Must apply through an Officer Selection Office (OSO). The OSO coordinates the candidate's entry into Officer Candidate School (OCS) in Quantico, VA. OCS trains, screens, and evaluates candidates. Graduating candidates have the option to commission as Second Lieutenants in the Marine Corps, or to decline and return to civilian life. All Marine Corps Officers must attend The Basic School (TBS) in Quantico, VA. During TBS, officers continue their military training and receive their Military Occupational Sepcialty (MOS).

Interview Questions

• The entire process is rigorous; medical and physical fitness requirements disqualify a large amount of candidates.   Answer Question

Interview

One Sign a contract , past a standardize test, past a rigorous physical examination, and make an oath to defend the United States Constitution

Interview

Met recruiter. Went through his deal. Signed papers. WEnt to MEPs, they screened you. Ensuring you were not fabricating anything. Shipped off to recruit training a few months later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation. Was offered all but two "job" choices to pick from.

Detachment Commander and Administrative Chief Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Went to a Marine Corps recruiter and the rest is history. Boot camp followed MEPS. After Boot Camp I went to the School of Infantry and after that I went to my Military Occupational Specialty school. Then I was assigned to my first duty station. There is no real interview process. You meet your recruiter and ask him questions.

Interview

recruiter

Captain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Direct and straight forward. Meet with Officer Selection Officer. He or she will ask about reasons for wanting to join the Marine Corps, why you believe you are worthy to join the organization and lead Marines, past leadership experiences, and any legal or academic difficulties one might have experienced.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you discovered your subordinate was dating another member of your unit?   Answer Question