US Marine Corps Marine Corps Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Marine Corps Marine Corps Officer Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

3.1

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

It was a four part process that included at least a 10 page application detailing your life history that gets submitted for a background check. Then an ASVAB Knowledge/Skills test. Conduct a Physical fitness test and need to perform at a class 1 (achieve a score between 250-300). Lastly a full medical examination.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Marine Corps Officer? What skills do you possess that would benefit the Marine Corps? What do it mean to be a leader?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Marine Corps

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Interview

Long application process with scoring, essays, and various testing requirements. There is no formal interview, but instead your application packet is presented before a board for selection. Then, if selected you will go to Officer Candidate School to be screened and evaluated.

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Officer Selection Office (SOS) screens perspective candidates for pursuing a commission in the United States Marine Corps. Typically, every state has an officer selection office assigned to the state recruiting station. Your OSO will screen you for physical and mental suitability, review your college grades and you will take a battery of mental and physical tests.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Needed to provide proof of college degree, that I could do a minimum physical fitness, and that I had lots of motivation. Th e Recruiter wanted to know if I would be able to handle the rigors of the Officer Candidate School.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the Corps?
      What job are you interested in doing?
      Did you play sports in College or High School?
      Did you have any leadership positions in College or High School?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Quantico, VA).

Interview

Lengthy and intense, very physical and challenging. A 10 week process. The interview consisted of several leadership tests as well as knowledge tests. You were tested on your ability to follow orders as well as give them.

Interview Questions

• No real questions just many tests to judge your character.   1 Answer

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Contact an Officer Selection Officer in order to start the process for selection to attend Officer Candidates School. Must pass academic qualifications, physical fitness, and moral standards. Additionally, attendance to OCS is determined by a selection process not guaranteed. An applicant must be selected in order to attend officer training. Job is not determined until after on completes Officer Candidates School.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about what you can offer the Marine Corps and why you would be a good fit to serve as a Marine Corps Officer.   Answer Question

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Interview

Start early with a visit to the OSO. For many, the physical road will be a long one. Plan far ahead to make sure one's body is ready for the physicality of OCS. Standard Marine Corps and military history knowledge will be tested at OCS. Knowing some in advance will help.

Interview Questions

• Can you get the highest PFT score in your OSO branch? The competition will be difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

As an officer, the hiring process involves many things. The main goal is to try and disqualify you. 1. Background Check. 2. Extensive medical exam and review of all medical history. They will even call your doctor from when you were a child and get you medical records. 3. College degree with acceptable GPA. All transcripts will be submitted. 4. Physical Fitness Test (PFT) 3 mile run, 20 pullups, 100 crunches. 5. Friends and co-workers interviews and surveys. 6. Selection Board. All your requirements will complete a package that is reviewed by a board where you compete with all other officer candidates. You will compete with all the other candidates who are looking to join at the same time for a limited number of slots. If you are selected, you will attend Officer Candidate School (OCS) where there is a high washout rate. If you pass OCS then you will attend The Basic School (TBS) for 6 months. After TBS you will attend your military occupational specialty (MOS) school which varies in length based on the MOS.

Interview Questions

• All of OCS is a mental game.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't one. If you survive, you made it. Congratulations, you will be a 2ndLt.

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Interview

The interview process starts from the day you meet your OSO and his staff-NCO in the recruiting station. They monitor and evaluate your potential for leadership, notwithstanding the prerequisite physical fitness which must be competitive in order to become selected to OCS.

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Be in shape, be motivated, be ready. You will forge your future. Return forms and questionnaires promptly and do not make excuses. Take accountability for your actions.

Interview Questions

• Aviation Qualification Test was unexpected and I had not prepared. Failed first try, but got book and studied for second. The Marine Corps is not looking for fearless individuals, they are looking for calculated risk takers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.