US National Guard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.5

Infantryman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US National Guard (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

There is no interview process... you take a test and whatever your score is what opportunities are available for you. I wanted infantrymem even though I had a very high score... too easy.

91H Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US National Guard.

Interview

The recruiter was very professional and asked quite a few going questions. I was very happy with the process. I wish I was younger to join. Hopefully this will help others.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US National Guard (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

The power generation equipment repairer performs maintenance on tactical utility, precise power-generation sets, internal combustion engines and associated equipment... They asked questions about what i can and con not perform. They also asked me if i was willing to go to school to take classes for extra knowledge about the job.

Interview Questions

• if i was willing to go to school to take classes on my job.   1 Answer

Infantry Interview

Application

I interviewed at US National Guard in August 2016.

Interview

Medical examinations are conducted, extensively, which provide an overall qualification of the applicant to serve in the Armed Forces. Medical examinations are the same for all Armed Forces. Once all medical procedures are resolved, the applicant conducts the OPAT to determine the applicant's ability to join a particular job in the Army.

Military Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US National Guard (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Must complete a written exam (ASVAB), pass a medical/physical exam, complete Basic Combat Training, Advanced Individual Training,Get promoted to E-5 at least, submit AGR application, get selected, attend and successfully Recruiting & Retention training at PEC.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US National Guard (Arlington Heights, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone contact and interview from recruiter. Scheduled interview at location with General Manager according to the recruiter. Actually was met by 2 managers who interviewed me as a vetting process as they described after I inquired about my original appointment contact. Secondary interview with General manager that was very short and to the point as he had consulted with his managers. Waiting on response as candidate screening is not completed.

Master Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, VT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US National Guard (Colchester, VT) in January 2016.

Interview

Its a board made up of senior non commissioned officers, usually E9. They review your evaluation reports and your ability to meet Army standards. They review your physical readiness, weapons proficiency and your senior rater comments, (your boss's boss.)

Interview Questions

• They ask questions about your MOS, (job) and about military customs and courtesies. They test your knowledge on equipment that you should know how to operate and they ask about leadership challenges you have had with soldiers and officers.   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US National Guard (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

After filling out the job application I got a phone call about 1-2 days after to come in for an interview. They schedule my interview on a Sunday. The interview was about an hour and 30 minutes long.
    It was a group interview, about 3 other female applicants. Two managers interviewing. They asked the question in front of everyone and each of us had to answer it one at a time in front of everyone. I am still waiting for them to email me the results of the interview, its been a week now.

Interview Questions

• Describe my computer skills, describe a time where I went above and beyond for a customer, Describe a time where you were late   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for American Airlines   Answer Question

Supply Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US National Guard.

Interview

There is no interview but there is an aptitude test called the ASVAB which scores you in a variety of areas. Based on these scores you can qualify for different positions within the organization. You get sworn in at MEPS and then go to basic training and advanced individual training. You also have to pass medical inspections.

Interview Questions

• To become a supply specialist the scores are low but you should have an interest in accounting and record keeping   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but I knew some people who did amd received a nice bonus out of it

Battalion Historian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US National Guard (Hattiesburg, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to deliver a historical military brief with specifics and story telling. I gave the history of our battalion before a group of senior officers and non commissioned officers, as well as a panel of judges. My peers and upper leadership then voted on their favorite presentation and used a panel vote.