US Navy Contract Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Focused on tech skills and an understanding of FAR, DFARS and regulations germane to Governemnt contracting. I had to interview and then wait for about 45 days before anything moved forward due to HR process. Long process but smooth overall.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Navy

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Filled out application on USAJOBS about 3 months later was called in for a interview and about 2 months after that I was offered the position then I had to wait for my background check to be completed and I contacted my references to see if they had been contacted yet so I could guess if it was close to being complete

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC) in July 2012.

Interview

Situation based scenarios with an emphasis on degree requirements and work experiences. They are looking for a business background and common sense as well. Knowledge of the agency mission is very important in answering the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation but salary was acceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Arlington, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

one day phone interview, about an hour long, basic recap of experience and cultural fit in organization. walked the interviewer through my resume and tied in past projects and internships with demands of position. lots of personality questions.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

The Navy has had shortages in the acquisition career fields so since I already has experience in this area it was a matter of gettin gmy resume in front of the right people. It took me about a year of repeatedly applying and finally my resume was chosen by a person who was already a contracts specialist and found my resume through one of her friends. She referred me and then about a month later I received an interview.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about some Navy specific programs such as NECO, etc. There were also questions about the CCR, DUNS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was fair. They came with an initial offer that I couldn't afford to accept and I graciously declined and they came back a month later with an offer that I could accept.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC) in November 2008.

Interview

I submitted my resume through on-campus recruiting. I was notified that I was selected to interview at Washington Navy Yard. I arrived at 9 am, and there was a short presentation with a recruiter and a few current employees. They explained some information about the job and invited questions. Then, they offered me to the opportunity to interview immediately or schedule one for a later date. I opted to take it. There was a panel of about 6 people who represented different Navy agencies. The questions were all pretty standard interview questions - strengths, weakness, experience working with groups, etc. The entire process lasted about 3 hours.

I received a phone call a few weeks later with an offer. I later discovered that they discuss and decide amongst themselves which agency will offer you a job.

Interview Questions

• Only unexpected was they asked something along the lines of: the military has to procure weapons and other products that will eventually kill and/or injure people. If instructed, you have to buy these things as part of your job. Do you have a problem with that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a government job, there is no negotiation.