US Navy Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Navy Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Took ASVAB submitted all required documents and physical fitness evaluation, requires dedication to support your country over yourself no matter how small or large the impact it has to your co-workers or you country.

Other Interview Reviews for US Navy

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (Portsmouth, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applying online was the hardest part. Interviews start as phone interviews before the meet up. They will ask basic questions, mostly about your experiences. They seem to be looking for passion and drive. At the face to face interview, they will give you a tour to unclassified areas and tell you about the job. They won't ask many techinal questions, however they will expect you to prove some knowledge by how well you ask them questions during the tour and meetings with various personel. After that its a waiting game.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?
      Tell us about school.
      We had this problem with an aircraft carrier, took a while to find a solution. How would you have done it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I would like to inform all that it is a life style not a job. So be ready to put up your big person paints don't cry you'll live

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

The hiring process was done online through USA Jobs. I received an email saying I was selected for an interview, and set a date for the interview. After I arrived, it was very straight forward. They sat me down in a conference room with 3 division managers and they rotated asking me questions. The questions were straight forward and the interview was very informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, tell us about a time you were in a leadership role, tell us about a time you worked in a team, tell us about a time you had conflict and how did you resolve that conflict, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating, the intern salaries are standard across the board.

Engineer Interview

Interview

as you work your way up the ladder you will continuously go through oral boards and have to work on your qualifications. as you make it closer to the higher ranks you start to understand the politics a little more but it still doesnt make sense to give up your loyalty to the people below you for the greater good of the ship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Greensboro, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

detailed and exciting in its own process. Everything from past and present were reviewed in detail as well as medical information was discussed and how they may or may not affect the enlistment process. Where I was born and also previous addresses along with siblings.

Interview Questions

Hours not consistent with college schedule

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Corona, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were general questions that asked how I approached engineering problems. There were two people interviewing me. Lot of the questions were designed to make sure I was a good fit for the job description. For instance they asked about my experience with presenting technical data and how comfortable I would feel traveling. I thought the interview was fair.The whole interview lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any technical questions. Most of the questions asked were about determine your thought process. For instance I was asked how do I aproach solving an engineering problem. I was also asked my short term and long term goals (10 years).   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was simply and relatively straight forward. You were asked some pretty standard behavioral questions followed by questions relating to the experiences mentioned on your resume. No gotcha's, no knowledge specific questions.

Anonymous Employee in Lima, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Navy (Lima, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

There was no interview process as this was the military and all you need to do is take a test and not be a drug addict. Once that is done you ship off to boot camp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

To start the interview they initially contacted me to find out if I was still interested and then to ask when the best day for me to do the interview would be. They then made travel arrangements for me to fly to the location from Oregon. When I arrived at the location I was assigned a guide, partially because it was a restricted area and partially so that I could talk with him and learn a bit more about the position and the responsibilities. When it came time for the interview, it was a panel of 3 managers from separate operations, one of which was the manager that I would be working under. Overall it was a fairly standard interview, with the basic questions everyone asks, including but not limited to what my favorite class was, where I'd see myself in 5 years and the like. Afterwards I thanked them, they thanked me and that was about it.

The people who were there were fairly relaxed and seemed friendly. The only reason I put the experience as neutral rather than positive was because afterwards there was no contact whatsoever as to if I had an offer or if I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite subject/class in college? Least favorite? Why?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question